4G not as good on S3

MrBunster

Reaction score
I did the xda mod to change the baseband. I'll let you guys know the results (West Philadelphia).

wooddale

Reaction score
Bars are never a good indicator of signal. The actual numerical number is a better indicator, but the best is how well a device actually performs for you. If it works, and it works consistently with a good rate of speed, then that's what matters most. :)

Like your logic Im in Wi had my S3 since july 10 kind of out of signal range Im on a network extender at the cabin and when I do get a signal its an extended network using US Cell towers. Phone works great here my question you guys that are out in 4g land how does your phone work there does it hold signal well no data drops? Im headed home to Il for a few days where I have solid 4G just wondering to expect.

MistaWolfe

Reaction score
Update your PRL or get a new SIM.

The radio on this SMOKES any 4G Moto phone I've had. Best 4G yet for me, and I've almost had them all.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

wooddale

Reaction score
Update your PRL or get a new SIM.

The radio on this SMOKES any 4G Moto phone I've had. Best 4G yet for me, and I've almost had them all.

I updated the Modem (radio) where do you update prl

MistaWolfe

Reaction score
Thanks Ill give it a try. Wasnt *228 the number for activating 3g phones

Yes, unfortunately we can't do that anymore because the SIM handles the activation.

That number I gave you will update your preferred roaming location, and should change some info in your about phone. Do a before and after check to see if it updated it.

wooddale

Reaction score
Yes, unfortunately we can't do that anymore because the SIM handles the activation.

That number I gave you will update your preferred roaming location, and should change some info in your about phone. Do a before and after check to see if it updated it.

Thanks again. When I updated my Modem it made a big d
ifference even here in 3g land

extreme1018

Reaction score
I was told by a Verizon tech Rep that Verizon and Samsung were working on a fix. On another forum it was said to be coming out ota those week. However the Rep I spoke to could neither confirm or deny it

cjsmoove

Reaction score
Coming from a Bionic this phone runs circles around it, stock Bionic. No drops yet!! and it's been almost 2 months.dancedroid

codyweis

Reaction score
weak connection on s3

Hey I recently got the galaxy s 3and have had it for about 2 weeks. I've had a Motorola Razr before this phone and it seemed the my razs connection with 3g and regular service was alot stronger than my galaxy. Does anybody know why this is or explain to me a resolution or tell me that I'm crazy. Thank you.

codyweis

Reaction score
I've just read through this entire thread. Is there an update coming out that will fix this problem? Also I saw some people downloading this modem thing or whatever and it's fixing it? I'm not very techy so if there is a fix is there a place where I can get stop by step instructions to fix this. Thanks

johnd09

Reaction score
I've just read through this entire thread. Is there an update coming out that will fix this problem? Also I saw some people downloading this modem thing or whatever and it's fixing it? I'm not very techy so if there is a fix is there a place where I can get stop by step instructions to fix this. Thanks

If you don't feel comfortable flashing it yourself an update will come to the phone automatically eventually. I thought it was already being pushed, but with big red you never know.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

Raw Dodge

Reaction score
I want this radio but I don't want to void my warranty.. I've kept it stock... I usually root immediately... Anyone know how flashing that radio will affect the Warranty