4G not as good on S3

wooddale

Reaction score
I cant seem to find the stock rom whern you click on it in XDA it just says done anyone know where I can get it? I would like to have it to get back to stock unrooted.

quinn954

Reaction score
I'm not sure but I think you can download rom manager hit clockwork recovery pick your phone and it should download it

rushmore

Reaction score
For me, I can say the following after two S3s (had the white and returned for blue) and using the Droid 3, Razr and GS3:

Call range: All three seem the same

3G: Droid 3 beats both, but Razr is a little better than the GS3.

4G: GS3 is better than the Razr and runs cooler plus better on battery using 4G.

wooddale

Reaction score
Cant wait to get to 4g but for 3g g1 was a big improvement right up there with my icedout Bio

huskur

Reaction score
Is it as simple as:

1. Download and install radio/modem
2. Download and install Samsung USB drivers
3. Download ODIN
4. connect phone and put in ODIN mode
5. Open ODIN
6. Go to PDA button and find radio/modem file
7. Click start and let it run?

If this is correct can someone verify.......I don't want to do this without knowing for certain that this is the correct path

johnd09

Reaction score
Is it as simple as:

1. Download and install radio/modem
2. Download and install Samsung USB drivers
3. Download ODIN
4. connect phone and put in ODIN mode
5. Open ODIN
6. Go to PDA button and find radio/modem file
7. Click start and let it run?

If this is correct can someone verify.......I don't want to do this without knowing for certain that this is the correct path

You don't have to install the modems on the computer. Everything else is correct.

Number one rule is DO NOT UNPLUG UNTIL IT FINISHES FLASHING(sorry to yell, but it's important). Sometimes ODIN looks like it hangs before finishing. It should reboot when it finishes. If you unplug before it finishes you could get a new paperweight.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

huskur

Reaction score
You don't have to install the modems on the computer. Everything else is correct.

Number one rule is DO NOT UNPLUG UNTIL IT FINISHES FLASHING(sorry to yell, but it's important). Sometimes ODIN looks like it hangs before finishing. It should reboot when it finishes. If you unplug before it finishes you could get a new paperweight.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

ok so i have downloaded the modem file to my desktop and installed the Samsung drivers to the PC and have downloaded odin. So now how long does the process take? just curious

wooddale

Reaction score
ok so i have downloaded the modem file to my desktop and installed the Samsung drivers to the PC and have downloaded odin. So now how long does the process take? just curious
Im gonna say mine took about 3 min

Raw Dodge

Reaction score
Does this void the Warranty?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

huskur

Reaction score
So, this entire process is extremely simple and also I have noticed a HUGE difference in connection. It holds the connection great and 4G is way way better. It is on par with the Maxx now as far as the radio is concerned.

Reaction score
I notice that I don't have as many bars with the s3 as I do on my rezound but it works just as good and the speed test results are the same. I'm just happy my s3 doesn't loose data all the time like the 2 droid razrs I had.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I notice that I don't have as many bars with the s3 as I do on my rezound but it works just as good and the speed test results are the same. I'm just happy my s3 doesn't loose data all the time like the 2 droid razrs I had.

Bars are never a good indicator of signal. The actual numerical number is a better indicator, but the best is how well a device actually performs for you. If it works, and it works consistently with a good rate of speed, then that's what matters most. :)

Reaction score
bsweetness said:
Bars are never a good indicator of signal. The actual numerical number is a better indicator, but the best is how well a device actually performs for you. If it works, and it works consistently with a good rate of speed, then that's what matters most. :)

S3 performs great for me. Very happy with it.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7

Well said. If we as humans paid less attention to the minutia and more to what really matters, I think we'd all be better off. It's similar to the battery meter debacle where the manufacturer deliberately set the delineations to 10% increments due to inherent tracking errors as a result of the non-linear discharge curve of the Lithium Ion Polymer battery, and to minimize misrepresentation of the state of charge, only to then have owners modding their phones to get 1% precision.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2