4G LTE vs. Wifi...

ms4teacher

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure people have already done this ad nauseam but I had to give it a go.Background: First, I currently have the razr maxx unrooted on the Verizon network. Second, I currently have Verizon Fios as my provider. Thirdly, I live in a metropolitan area located across the Hudson from Manhattan, Jersey City, to be exact. Lastly, I wanted to see, for myself ,how fast 4G LTE really is sheen compared to my home wifi...I was really pleasantly surprised by the results(oh and i used speedtest.net and made sure all bars were full)

IMG_20120718_205418.jpg

sajgel

Reaction score
That seems about right. I live in Upstate NY, Troy to be exact and I am on the edge of 4g and I do have wifi at home and my speeds via Speedtest is around the same for Wifi and when I am in Albany the 4G is just as fast

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Yes 4g speeds are fast BUT its all dependant upon tower load, and congestion, as well as network location.. meaning that you can be showing 4g and be in an extended coverage area... which means faster than 3g... but not the blistering fast 4g that you can see in other areas...

Glad you've got great speeds..:)

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!