4G LTE Speed on .905...

Fokkerdmr

Reaction score
I have the same problem with mine. Battery pull is how I solve it. But it returns to that state eventually. Verizon said to try setting to 3g only then back to 3g/4g in the network settings, but I am not too hopeful. I have had the problem on both 905 and 902. I am rooted.

nobreak1970

Reaction score
36down...17up cincinnati server from florida panhandle.
Have you all tested speed to severs all across the country? It all varies.

Fokkerdmr

Reaction score
Yea doesn't matter when it is stock in that mode, I can try any server and it's the same because the speed is so slow, even far away servers would be faster if it were working correctly.

floyd

Reaction score
Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

No root stock. Browser seems to be flying now on both wifi and LTE.

Last edited:

DoctorV

Reaction score
I tested my wife's Droid Charge in the same place and it's getting crummy speeds as well so it looks like our tower near us is going downhill and not an issue with the update.

Fokkerdmr

Reaction score
My phone is back down to the "creeps along" mode - I tried the suggestion from the VZW store gal - switch to 3G, then back to 4G/3G - and that had no effect. I know folks are posting/comparing max speeds on this thread, and frankly, my phone will often get great speeds! My max was 38.85 mb/s just a week ago. But, for some reason, the phone gets stuck in some mode where the download speed is cut down to around .35 mb/s.

This morning, I tried a more methodical approach to figuring out what's causing this. I tried closing each running app one by one. Then, I ran speed test in between shutting down each running app. No difference here either, it just stayed stuck in "creeps along" mode with a min of .16 mb/s and a max of .61 mb/s. Ran the "Go Task" widget to clear apps - it closed 19 apps, no difference in download speed from that either. Other things tried that make no difference:

1. Turn off debug mode.
2. Disable option for non-Play Store apps
3. Airplane Mode on/off
4. Disable/enable data
5. Background data on/off

Just frustrating. Really? You have to pull the battery to get good 4G performance... Really?

I am done with it being "the network" or "the towers" or "the sim card" or pick your excuse... The some part of the software stack is buggy. Plain and simple.

OP
quadtronix

quadtronix

Reaction score
Well I am now getting 12 down and 1.75 up. I went to Verizon and asked the guy there who does tech support and he said that that's normal. I said that I asked on the Forums and was told that some ppl are getting 20+ down and he said that's impossible cause only FIOS gets that kind of speed. I of course know he's wrong since I have seen the screenshots in this thread. LOL! I didn't give him a hard time though I mean it's not his fault personally...

Fokkerdmr

Reaction score
Went again to VZW.. Replacement bionic on the way.. We'll see how it goes...

ex0rcist

Reaction score
On .905 today. Tell him he's wrong and then show him this.

CAP201206191633-2.jpg

Fios that

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

diablo81588

Reaction score
Average for me, 905 didn't change speed, but significantly improved reliability.

2wdorut.jpg

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk