4G LTE Nexus 7 (2013 Edition) Finally Coming to Verizon on February 13th

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
google-nexus-7-2013.jpg

It's been a long time coming, but a 4G LTE version of the Google Nexus 7 (2013 Edition) is finally making its way to Big Red. Verizon has taken their usual sweet time in "vetting" the device before launching it on their network, but it will be available for purchase on Thursday, February 13. It will normally retail for $349.99, but for a limited time only Verizon will be selling it for $249.99.

Of course, that's only if you sign a new two-year agreement with Verizon. Here's a quote with a few more details,

If you’ve already bought an LTE-capable Nexus 7 (say, from Google via its Play Store) and want to activate it on Verizon, you’ll be able to do that too, but only after you download and apply “the latest software update” – this may mean that a maintenance software version will be released by Google for the Nexus 7 in a short while. Or maybe that update is the KitKat update that the tablet has already received, it’s not particularly clear.

Better late than never?

Source: UnWiredView

Vepaot

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G5 (LS992)
Better never, than now. They took their sweet time to find a way to lock it down, remove Google Wallet, etc, etc.

Having a Nexus product on the Verizon network defeats the purpose of having a Nexus product in the first place.

boidsonly

Reaction score
It is criminal the lengths VZW went to in delaying the N7...the FCC is as much to blame as VZW for allowing it to happen.

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
^^. Great points above. I knew you guys would sum it up nicely if I left an open ended question. :)

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I don't know how, at this point in time, a tablet has only 1 gig of ram. I have 1 gig of ram on my Rezound and it's barely enough, especially with all those Google Service apps taking up more and more ram.