4g lte in greenville nc

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by runway500, Jan 26, 2012.

1. runway500

runway500 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    yeah before i got my gnex i had the tbolt first time 4g in Raleigh it felt like it killed the battery in a matter of mintues:frown:

2. THEFILLTER

THEFILLTER New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Guys, I called my rep (Im in indirect sales for verizon in Greenville) and he said that they were showing that they had plans to "start" on the 4g in the next couple of weeks. Although this isnt confirmed its better than hearing 4g is here when its really not. And by no means am I calling bs on anyone, im just telling you what they told me.

-THEFILLTER

3. runway500

runway500 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You maybe right im just saying in the past that typically when vz turns on 4g for testing that its going to be close to a release. I never listen to reps anyways its always hit or miss with them. Btw by saying 4g is here i should have said its coming soon becsuse i had it for a short period of a hour

4. toolboy7

toolboy7 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    They were working on the Verizon towers back in December changing out antennas, and the latest one they were working on was over near the airport. According to one of the regional directors at Verizon (this was back in December), he said they were hoping to get 4G turned on here in January, but now of course they have pushed it back to February or early March. The IT guy working for the Sheriff's office was told by the Verizon rep that all of the towers had been converted over already. They've definitely started on 4G in Greenville. You can look at Verizon towers and tell that there are new antennas up there (700 Mhz is what they are using for 4G). Hopefully within a month we'll see something.

5. runway500

runway500 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Letsssssss goooooooooooooo

6. toolboy7

toolboy7 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I just happened to be at the corporate Verizon store one day in December, and there were 3 Verizon big wigs visiting. One was the regional director, and then a lady that was that guys boss, and the other one of their assistants I suppose. The guy told me they were going to start testing the 4G network here in Greenville in January, and to keep an eye on my phone.

7. mattv111

mattv111 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I hope we get it turned on soon! I've been in Raleigh the past few weekends, and it's blazing fast!

8. toolboy7

toolboy7 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hopefully in a few weeks *crosses fingers*

9. toolboy7

toolboy7 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Talked to a Verizon rep yesterday, and he said that Verizon is telling them that next Thursday, February 16 is when they are going to flip the switch on Greenville, NC 4G. I hope he's right...less than a week!!

10. THEFILLTER

THEFILLTER New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    4G is coming on my phone and staying on just low signal and then it switches to 3g. Its coming guys!

11. toolboy7

toolboy7 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Where were you when you saw it and what time was it?

12. JFMFT

JFMFT Member

Ratings:
    +7
    That's interesting... I thought I was the one who told him about 4G in greenville! Glad someone else knows about this, too!

My family member works for VZW and heard back at a sales rally in Greensboro, NC (in January) that 4G is coming to Greenville (among other markets like Jacksonville and other Eastern NC cities) this year in 2012. Then a few weeks ago I heard that 4G is coming to Greenville "soon" so I sent in a tip to Kellex. Then, just this past week I heard February 16th and Februry 21st both as days for 4G being turned on... so I think it'll be here very soon!

I've been having TERRIBLE battery drain on my Galaxy Nexus in Greenville the past day or so; I am almost positive this is the result of poor network performance as they mess with the towers to turn on 4G for us (finally). I think we'll see it soon, I have a really good feeling!!!

Search tags for this page
4g areas in greenville nc

at&t lte greenville nc

does greenville north carolina have 4g
lte

nexus 21 greenville nc

sprint 4g lte greenville nc

verizon 4 g in greenville nc
when will t mobile have 4 g in greenville nc