4g lte in greenville nc

runway500

Reaction score
I looked for a forum for this because i seen one before couldnt find it. I was in town today and seen the 4g symbol I did the test and boom so soo speedy.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
nice. 4g really is a game changer in my opinion. Before I only used to get maybe 2gb on my inc, now I'm at 4.1gb with my bill cycle ending on 2/7:hail:

THEFILLTER

Reaction score
Where in Greenville are you seeing this 4g? I work for a cell phone kiosk and haven't heard we were getting it til (speculated) late feb-march. If this is true you seriously just made my day.

toolboy7

Reaction score
Anyone seen all the "news" reports online about Verizon turning 4G on in Greenville, NC? I still haven't seen it pop up on my phone yet.

toolboy7

Reaction score
If you google "verizon 4g greenville, nc" you'll see all of the articles online reporting that 4G has been silently turned on in 4 new markets. I haven't seen anything other than that article though confirming any part of it. I know there have been reports of people seeing 4G on for a half hour or so in Greenvill, NC, but that is while they are testing it. Anyone else seeing 4G in Greenville, NC staying on?

OP
R

runway500

Reaction score
Sorry guys i just posted then ran off but class has been busy this week lol. I beleive when my roomate and i had 4g signal it was just intial test itbonly lasted about an hour but that means its def close for release i have a couple screenshots

toolboy7

Reaction score
I knew they were testing it. Droidlife.com has "confirmed" that Greenville, NC and 3 other cities have 4G though. Maybe we will within a week or two though!

OP
R

runway500

Reaction score
I knew they were testing it. Droidlife.com has "confirmed" that Greenville, NC and 3 other cities have 4G though. Maybe we will within a week or two though!
well idk how far confirmed goes bc i was the reader who told kellex at droidlife about gville. I sure hope it is close though!!

toolboy7

Reaction score
They probably took that to mean it was turned on for good. Just blew my mind that we "had" 4G and I didn't have 4G signal. Last I heard was February for turning it on.

OP
R

runway500

Reaction score
Yeah i was tripping when i seen it i ran like for speed test i remember one being 33.1 down 7 up which is crazy

toolboy7

Reaction score
That's blazing fast. If it's around 15-19 Mbps like I've had being in Charlotte and Raleigh I'll be happy.

OP
R

runway500

Reaction score
yeah before i got my gnex i had the tbolt first time 4g in Raleigh it felt like it killed the battery in a matter of mintues:frown:

THEFILLTER

Reaction score
Guys, I called my rep (Im in indirect sales for verizon in Greenville) and he said that they were showing that they had plans to "start" on the 4g in the next couple of weeks. Although this isnt confirmed its better than hearing 4g is here when its really not. And by no means am I calling bs on anyone, im just telling you what they told me.

-THEFILLTER

OP
R

runway500

Reaction score
You maybe right im just saying in the past that typically when vz turns on 4g for testing that its going to be close to a release. I never listen to reps anyways its always hit or miss with them. Btw by saying 4g is here i should have said its coming soon becsuse i had it for a short period of a hour