4G LTE changes color sometimes blue sometimes white..why?

cdan

Reaction score
Blue means you are connected to data. White you are not, wether it's 3G, 4g, or wifi.

MEEF

Reaction score
Blue means you are connected to data. White you are not, wether it's 3G, 4g, or wifi.

This appears to be correct to me. The blue is for whatever your current data connection is. When I’m connected through wifi the 4G icon is white and the wifi icon is blue. As soon as I turn wifi off the 4G icon changes to blue.

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
White connection available.
Blue means that connection is actually communicating with the server... blue was green on the older OS...

Wifi, 3g and 4g all change the same color when not connected.

Edit:
What are you guys seeing wifi and 4g/3g at the same time?
All my phones(d1, dinc2, sammy cont and my maxx) only show wifi no 3/4g, but has the bars while on wifi.

Wifi icon is suppose to replace the 3/4g icon.

Edit x2:
Why am i in the Bionic section.
Sorry guys

Edit x3:
Oh disregard #2
Geeez. I am lost.

Carry on
----posted maxx'ed out----

Last edited:

darkdarr

Reaction score
I believe white means background data is disable but you do have a data connection. Blue means background data is enable. Also for me it will show both wifi and 4g but only 1 will be blue. So only one is being used for background data.

I think the because when my battery saver smart action kicks on it disables background data and it will not longer turn blue

Emails will not sync unless you tell it too of background data is off. Same with things like the market download of anything. Also just so people know you can call and text with just bars not 4g/3g/1x icon. Those icons only mean you have a data connection. This is why 3g will go off when in call because a a cdma connection you can't do data and call at the same time but the 4g will stay on in a call because it runs on a GSM network

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums