4G LTE changes color sometimes blue sometimes white..why?

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
usually when mine is white it means not connected .. same w 3g

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

scott396

Reaction score
It all has to do with being connected to Google's servers I believe

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

R

RETG

that's what it was for 3G. Blue meant connected and able to sync with google servers. White meant you were not connected and able to sync with google servers. But I believe internet worked ok with white. So, I would guess it is the same for 4G since it is still Gingerbread and this feature (blue/white) came with GB.

Seabee

Reaction score
I've noticed that when its white I have no connection to internet Vzw store said its when it is searching for either 4g or 3g

sent from Sarah's Droid RAZR

jasonhunt007

Reaction score
inteernal memory?

anyone else experience this?

not sure but, when I used up almost all internal memory(a warning indicated low internal memory), I noticed the change from blue to white in the 4G lte icon. Deleting a few unnecessary aps fixed the color back to blue when I restored internal memory to an acceptable level.

Blacksheep427

Reaction score
I've noticed that color change occasionally as well on my new Bionic, but I don't think the TB did this.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

iguanad

Reaction score

This is correct. If there is a 4g or 3g showing that means you have a data connection. Blue means it is connected to google servers. White means it is not.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

bdbull

Reaction score
This is correct. If there is a 4g or 3g showing that means you have a data connection. Blue means it is connected to google servers. White means it is not.

So the obvious question is where is the app to detect this condition and enable the correct data medium?

jpcalhoun

Reaction score

This correct according to a Motorola Forums Manager. Blue means connected to Google servers and white means you have phone, email and text, but you are not connected to the google servers.

bdbull

Reaction score
This correct according to a Motorola Forums Manager. Blue means connected to Google servers and white means you have phone, email and text, but you are not connected to the google servers.

This contradicts what I'm seeing. When I have white 4G, I am still unable to get email, web, any data. Once I disable 4G and go to 3G, I get everything back.

iguanad

Reaction score
You might be on the fringe of a 4g zone.