4G hotspot not free anymore? Or was it never free?

SpikeJones

Reaction score
So my father went into costco today, and he asked the verizon rep stuff.
Besides the same stuff (no release date) my father got verizons little pamphlet thing.
I was flipping through it, and looked at the mobile broadband page.

Is mobile broadband the hotspot feature?

Was it ever true, or did somebody refute the idea that 4G hotspot would be free....
Is it only free for the TB?

Here is the image...

ce1dbcbd-7dc9-353e.jpg

I'm sorry if the quality is crappy...

But it says 4G broadband plans are $50 for 5 GB, and $80 for 10GB, both having a $10 per GB rate after allowance.

MLPZ999

Reaction score
The $50 for 5 and $80 for 10 is for the 4g air cards no pricing on 4g for smartphones also free 4g hotspot is just a rumor but one can hope and probably won't know till the TB comes out if ever.

Last edited:

Vito.a

Reaction score
Yes, Verizon revamped the air card rates when the Ipads were announced. Before, it was $69 for 5GB, now it is $50 for 5GB and $80 for 10GB. Still no unlimited rate yet.

Also, Virgin Mobile previously had a $40 rate for unlimited data, but on Feb 15 they put a 5GB cap. After reaching 5GB, your speed will be capped at a very low rate (no more streaming movies!)

Jacob9424

Reaction score
Besides the same stuff (no release date) my father got verizons little pamphlet thing.

Was it ever true, or did somebody refute the idea that 4G hotspot would be free....

Here is the image...

ce1dbcbd-7dc9-353e.jpg

But it says 4G broadband plans are $50 for 5 GB, and $80 for 10GB, both having a $10 per GB rate after allowance.

Haha when it comes out I hope they have unlimited for 4g, then I will just root it for mobile hotspot =p, that's how you can get it free.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

motty69

Reaction score
To me it seems like they should only be able to charge extra for hotspot if the data is unlimited. I'd they go to tiered data plans they should not be able to charge extra for hotspot unless they give you an extra 2GB pool for it like they are suppose to with the iPhone on VZW.

Sent from my Eris

MLPZ999

Reaction score

Here is the image...

ce1dbcbd-7dc9-353e.jpg

Haha when it comes out I hope they have unlimited for 4g, then I will just root it for mobile hotspot =p, that's how you can get it free.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
Yep rooting is the way to go use wireless tether for hulu on my droid 1 and having gingerbread isn't bad on the droid isn't bad either.