4g fact or fiction...

CamGonz

Reaction score
Shouldn't 4G automatically connect if it available? Since i first turned on my bionic it has never connected and when i checked it out in my settings it said it was running on the lte whatever.... about to throw this phone..... lol can anyone tell me how i connect to 4G

Thanks! :)

bsmith0731

Reaction score
Shouldn't 4G automatically connect if it available? Since i first turned on my bionic it has never connected and when i checked it out in my settings it said it was running on the lte whatever.... about to throw this phone..... lol can anyone tell me how i connect to 4G

Thanks! :)

First make sure you are in a 4g zone..

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Reaction score
where do you live? where are you trying to get 4G?

I live in Richmond and if I leave downtown, my 4G is gone. Do you have a major city near by you can travel to?

bsmith0731

Reaction score

I live in Richmond and if I leave downtown, my 4G is gone. Do you have a major city near by you can travel to?

I live in Williamsburg and there is 4g but the Nexus doesn't pick it up greatly...

I'm in Arlington now.. with full bars of 4g. I love it..

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
A lot plays into it. Like how strong is the coverage, and where are you? The building may be doing something.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

KeepInitReel

Reaction score

I live near broad & Glenn side & 4g is fine over here. I also drive to colonel heights & Petersburg every morning & 4g is fine going from 64E, all the way down 95S.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I live in Williamsburg and there is 4g but the Nexus doesn't pick it up greatly...

I'm in Arlington now.. with full bars of 4g. I love it..

that post was for the OP, but good to hear that williamsburg has 4G. Around DC it should not cut out until you get the outer edges of Fairfax County... then heading south on 95 you wont get it again until about exit 80. Fredricksburg is supposed to be getting turned on soon, will be interesting to see how far their towers go.

OP
C

CamGonz

Reaction score
Yall are gonna laugh i live in colorado but the lady that sold me the phone said "yep looks like you're in an area that supports 4G" probably just wanted the sale and im stuck not bein able to use my phone to full capacity...irritating tho because when I'm not home on my wifi it takesfor.....ev......er to load pages and stuff...

Psyman

Reaction score
Nice to see neighbors about.. live in BC just outside Lexington .. we have a strong 4g hear till ya hit the outer limits

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Reaction score
Yall are gonna laugh i live in colorado but the lady that sold me the phone said "yep looks like you're in an area that supports 4G" probably just wanted the sale and im stuck not bein able to use my phone to full capacity...irritating tho because when I'm not home on my wifi it takesfor.....ev......er to load pages and stuff...

not to be a dick... but never, i repeat, NEVER trust a sales(wo)man!

good news is, you are now stuck with your phone for 2 years so hopefully 4G will get out to you by the time your contract is up haha....

OP
C

CamGonz

Reaction score
Hahahaha so true greek thats awesome... So what am i missing by not having my 4G working? Everything seems to be downloading just fine as far as speed...what else is there? I read some other threads and someone was talking about rooting their phone -what does that do and don't i have to pay extra per month to do it..?

OP
C

CamGonz

Reaction score
Simple enough! Brutal honesty is always the best help and it makes me laugh win win...lol thanks greek

BroidDrionic

Reaction score
4g is about 10x faster than 3g.
Rooting lets you do some pretty interesting stuff with your phone, but is usually for more advanced users. Most people will never know or care whether or not they have root access.