4g dropping

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy Nexus' started by doublea500, Dec 15, 2011.

1. doublea500

doublea500 Active Member

Ratings:
    +13
    according to vzw, i have 4g in my area. and i do. when i turn off wifi, it goes to 4g but after a minute or two, it dissapears?

2. dbol

dbol Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I haven't gotten a 4G signal since the 4.0.2 update, and it appears we aren't the only ones with the problem. There is a thread open on the Verizon forums, and several others in androidpolice and xda-developers.
    I'm hoping they realize there's an issue.

3. MrKleen

MrKleen Senior Member

Ratings:
    +5
    So far there is certainly an issue. Just as you described. I am getting 3g when I am usually on 4g, and the 3g is even very slow. If it were not for wi-fi today I would be a bit upset. I am going to see if things get worked out before I lose my cool. We wanted the phone and it was delayed for a while, so we need to give them a bit of a break.

However it will need to be worked out inside the return timeframe in order for me to keep it.

4. prowler85

prowler85 Member

Ratings:
    +8
    I guess we see now why the phone was delayed?? :happy3:

Though my 4g has been fantastic all day. I've always (well, since September anyway) had a pretty good 4g signal, and mine has been 2-3 bars since I activated it 6 hours ago.

Will know for sure in about 3 hours when I go home and use it to tether. Netflix usually starts playing within seconds on a 4g tether and never stops playing (always gets way ahead). So we'll see how it goes tonight a little more north in town.

Search tags for this page

galaxy nexus loosing 4g when wifi is on

why does my galaxy nexus miui drops signal