4G and data plan?

Discussion in 'HTC ThunderBolt' started by ethunder, Feb 17, 2011.

1. ethunder

ethunder New Member

Hello All - Sorry if this ? has been answered. But, I currently have the D1 so already have the info package. Like a lot of you here I'm looking to p/u a tb.

To use the 4G will verizon charge a separate fee? or will it be included in the $30 information package?

Thanx to all for all the GREAT info here....
  2. HookedOnHifonic

HookedOnHifonic New Member

Verizon hasn't decided on what they will charge for 4G data plans, yet. The question I ask, is will customers only using the 3G network have to pay 4G prices only because their phone is capable of doing 4G. Hopefully all of this information will be released a few days before the phone launches. I don't see them waiting too much longer to start announcing this stuff.
  3. metzor

metzor New Member

The general feeling is at the beginning the 4G price will be the same as 3G, but eventually that won't be the case and everything will go to tiered pricing. But for now, like everything else, that is just reckless speculation.

If it's any consolation, when Sprint launched their 4G network, they only upped the data price by $10/month I think.
  4. dlwhtrose

dlwhtrose DF Super Moderator Rescue Squad Premium Member

God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
    Now I am going to start by saying that my comments are only my personal speculation based on what I have read and that I do not have any proof to back up my thoughts.

As for the 4g pricing.... I personally think Verizon is going to keep the 3g pricing in place until they have complete coverage of 4g (which I believe is anticipated by 2012 or 2013). I do not see where they can charge a customer for 4g service if the service is not even offered in their area. The closest 4g for me is going to be Phoenix which is 100 miles to my north. And there are some customers who are further away. So I think it is safe to say that pricing for the 4g/3g is not going to change until they have 4g nationwide.
  5. STIDRIVER

STIDRIVER New Member

^^ Sprint charges that $10 regardless on wether 4G is available or not... Hope your right though!
  6. brandon9559

brandon9559 New Member

The data rates are not going to change. You're not on a 3G plan..you're just paying for your data use whether its in a 3G or 4G market.
  7. elliott1969

elliott1969 New Member

Dprint charges $10 extra only if you have a 4g phone

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App
  8. STIDRIVER

STIDRIVER New Member

^^^Thats what we're talking about though... Sprint upcharges for 4G... We're talking about what data pricing is gonna be for the TB and other future 4G phones on big red...
Search tags for this page

does the verizon 4g rezound require a data plan?

why do i need 4g plan verizon