4G and battery life

Fastbird

Reaction score
You guys weren't joking. I work right on the pa and me border near Hagerstown, and just today realized that I had no 3g at work cause it was a 4g zone. I absolutely murdered my battery. Literally in under 15 minutes of some surfing and a couple of apps, I lost 10% of my battery life per my widget.

Just a wow moment for me. Of, and that 4g is amazingly fast. Like omg fast. That is all.

Posting from my Rezound....enjoying the beats.

Arodnum1

Reaction score
Yep, gotta keep a charger close by, at least you can swap batts lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
You guys weren't joking. I work right on the pa and me border near Hagerstown, and just today realized that I had no 3g at work cause it was a 4g zone. I absolutely murdered my battery. Literally in under 15 minutes of some surfing and a couple of apps, I lost 10% of my battery life per my widget.

Just a wow moment for me. Of, and that 4g is amazingly fast. Like omg fast. That is all.

When you buy a smartphone, you are buying a mini pc on the go, do yourself a favor, go unplug your laptop and do some serious browsing, and then let us know how much battery life you getting, people with smartphones need to come to this realization that you will need to charge your phone more often than a regular flip phone.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

OP
F

Fastbird

Reaction score
When you buy a smartphone, you are buying a mini pc on the go, do yourself a favor, go unplug your laptop and do some serious browsing, and then let us know how much battery life you getting, people with smartphones need to come to this realization that you will need to charge your phone more often than a regular flip phone.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

I didn't just step into the smartphone market, I upgraded from an of Droid I've had since early last year. I was merely commenting on how the 4G affected it and made a difference.

bvjens31

Reaction score
I didn't just step into the smartphone market, I upgraded from an of Droid I've had since early last year. I was merely commenting on how the 4G affected it and made a difference.

Yeah, the difference in battery life between 3g and 4g is pretty obvious. I usually keep 4g disabled during work days and will not have to charge my phone at all (until I go to bed). But as soon as I want to use 4g for a while it's pretty noticeable how fast it drains. 4g is moving a lot more packets than 3g, so the battery deal is not too surprising. I haven't been perusing any other phone forums, but I imagine it's the same deal with any other 4g phone, so I don't think it's anything particular to the Rezound. Oh well, still a great device!! :D