4g /3g connection issues anyone else today or past few days??

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
My Bionic data connection hangs when going from 4g to 3g. So i toggled off 4g to fix that. Now it hangs when i leave my wifi in the house. So to prevent data loss i now have to turn off wifi. I see a iphone in my future. This phone is crap

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Trust me, it's the 4G network; not the phone. Unfortunately, when the 4G network isn't working, 3G seems to get messed up even in CDMA-only mode. The only way around it is to get a 3G-only phone. The iPhone would solve your issues, being a 3G only device. Mine was rock solid with data, only problem is that it was slower than molasses.

Al Neri

Reaction score
Still on 893 and up until the last few days I had great data service. Then since Saturday I have had issues 90% of the time I pick it up. There have only been a couple of times in the last few days where I haven't had to toggle airplane mode and I had one random reboot and one bsod. Prior to this week I had very few issues (aside from national outages).

Disneyman

Reaction score
Ok so today I decide to try 4g again, and to my surprise my phone has improved. Its like night and day. For the most part I have solid 4g. Occasionally it will go to 3g and them back to 4g. Again I am four miles from the cell tower. Did Verizon send out a software update to there cell towers. I have had no drops at all and still running 893. Makes me feel like a have a 4g phone again.
Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums