4g /3g connection issues anyone else today or past few days??

deduct

Reaction score
My 4g has not dropped all week. 3g is a different story however. I am running .901 build and I have noticed if I try to switch to 3g it switches over immediately only to drop within a second. Then I have to restart connections 3 times before 3g will connect. Then I will have a drop once a day. So for the time being I'm sticking with 4g. Really love that great battery life while on 3g though. Anyone else running .901 have this happen to them?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

lockman

Reaction score
Whilst I haven't a Bionic, I do know that neither my RAZR, nor my Charge, have had any LTE issues of late. I'm in Baltimore, MD, BTW.

Smrzzy

Reaction score
Ever since 4g had outages, I've switched to 3g with my extended battery to enjoy 20 plus hours on one charge. Once 4g stabilizes then i will switch back.

Sent from my Smrzzy Bionic

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
I hardly ever had data drops till I updated to .893. However this was around the time everyone started making the "it's a general network issue" threads so I assumed the few that followed would get better. But really...they haven't. I seem to drop data at work now almost daily, it's been much more frequent the past few days though. On .886 I dropped data like once or twice a month. I know .901 is out. If waiting it out doesn't improve much in a few days I'll just manually update it.

mdotytx

Reaction score
I am in Longview Texas and have been having HORRIBLE service today!.... my bionic has been doing really good until today :'(

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

billcows

Reaction score
My Bionic data connection hangs when going from 4g to 3g. So i toggled off 4g to fix that. Now it hangs when i leave my wifi in the house. So to prevent data loss i now have to turn off wifi. I see a iphone in my future. This phone is crap

mr_bungle

Reaction score
I lose 4g every single day between 3pm and 7pm CST. Most the time I dont have any data connection...some times im lucky and get 3g to hold me over. So sick of it!

is this after the update ? are you still getting connection issues?

Fokkerdmr

Reaction score
I'm on the .901 build - but was having lots of data issues yesterday and stopped by VZW store. When walking in, I had zero data for the previous 2 hours. CSR did a battery pull, and everything was now good. No more data drops, got 4G back, switching between 3G/4G has been fine today, and acquiring 4G when I turn on the phone is pretty instant.

I was considering a factory reset, but not going to bother since it's all good now. So, if you have been running a while without a battery pull, it might help.

Njoy...

bhp117

Reaction score
Very solid and stable 4g in LA

Haven't have any data drop since I manual update to 901 for at least 10 days on rooted stock rom and removed most bloats

Been playing with the ics rom too reception is very stable and 1x is solid and just luv it can't wait til the actual release or hope dhacker can fix the 3g/4g/camera

Disneyman

Reaction score
I have been keeping my phone in 3g to keep from losing data. My house where I experience this is 4 miles from the cell tower. The 4g signal strength is considered good. At work where the strength is excellent today I had zero drops. As soon as I arrived home the problem surfaced. Appears to be the culprit.

Batman8

Reaction score
I recently upgraded to .901 and I have STILL been having connection issues in the Chicago area for the last 5-6 days!!! I don't really know if it is the fault of the phone or if this is still VZW still ironing out their 4G LTE network issues again.

Last edited:

smadanek

Reaction score
In SF Area...I get no Verizon 4g or 3g on my newRAZR. Only data connection I get is at home through WiFi. Patience is one thing. No public acknowledgement of their issues is another. If the technology is unreliable or not ready for prime time should they be selling it?

Disneyman

Reaction score
Also I do not have the 901 update yet.