$49 s4

Dweib

Reaction score
This is probably old news to most of you. But I just noticed Best Buy has these on sale for $49! I'm interested in a blue one.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

mokes

Reaction score
My phone lives in an Otterbox. One step outside and I break it. Color never mattered much to me.

hailster

Reaction score
Just picked my wife a S4 from Best Buy last night for $49 and a Otterbox for $34. I'm debating on getting one in a couple weeks when I'm eligible for a upgrade but debating it because I don't want to lose unlimited data.

OP
D

Dweib

Reaction score
I've had the 2gb plan the past two years and only used half of it. Most of my internet activity is accomplished while on wi-fi or the home PC anyway.

Spent the past two days setting it up to my taste. Bit of a learning curve but not too bad. Starting to miss my original droid razr though. It seems to have richer more vibrant colors obvious to me on the apps screen. It's just as fast and I prefer how the browser works. I've really liked the horizontal moto dock w/hdmi setup. Oh well. Just have to get used to this new one I guess. Did find some pretty cool accessories on ebay. Ordered a blue aluminum back cover and 3700mah battery which they claim is no thicker than stock. Don't know how it can really be 3700. I know stickers are easy to print up.

Aren't we supposed to get 50gb of Google cloud storage? How do I set that up?

*UPDATE* Turned off "auto adjust screen tone" in the display menu and now the color looks much better!

Sent from my Galaxy Blue using Droid Forums

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
The S4 is still $250 at a Verizon store. How does Verizon ever sell a phone at their own stores? Do they rely on a "sucker born every minute" business model?

OP
D

Dweib

Reaction score
Maybe getting one for $49 at BB wasn't such a good deal after all. It looks like the charge per line of our family talk share 700 plan is going up $20! And that's not counting the 2gb data plan or the one time $30 new phone activation charge. If so . . . I will be highly p.o.'d and they can take the new phone and stick it. I'll have to talk to a Verizon rep and find out just what the deal is. Anyone else notice this?

bbtkd

Reaction score
Maybe getting one for $49 at BB wasn't such a good deal after all. It looks like the charge per line of our family talk share 700 plan is going up $20! And that's not counting the 2gb data plan or the one time $30 new phone activation charge. If so . . . I will be highly p.o.'d and they can take the new phone and stick it. I'll have to talk to a Verizon rep and find out just what the deal is. Anyone else notice this?

The 2GB limit is no surprise, the $30 fee is about three times what I'd expect, but I'm most concerned with the 700 plan increase. Keep us posted.

OP
D

Dweib

Reaction score
Yeah I may have read that wrong. Prices really go up when you go on a share everything plan. But since the wife only has a standard flip phone and we hardly use 4G/lte, our monthly bill should be quite reasonable.

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
Best Buy has nothing to do with upgrade charges and plan fees. Best Buy just reports what VZW tells them, and Best Buy does not add anything to the fees. The only difference is at Best Buy the phone is $49. At VZW the phone is $249

mykl376

Reaction score

I did this last night, been wanting a new phone for a little while. Even though I like my Bionic, and it's served me well for the last 2+ yeas, it's getting so laggy and annoying to use anymore. I've missed calls because I'm streaming music, and it takes so long for the phone to try to switch to...a phone!

I got the S4 for $49.99 with a 2 year contract extension, and according to the order and confirmation email, nothing was changed with my calling or data plan. I only have one line on my Verizon account, an old plan with 450 min, and unlimited data. Hopefully all works out and my plan does actually remain unchanged. If not, I guess the world has ended and I no longer have any reason to live... <sarcasm> ;-)

OP
D

Dweib

Reaction score
Best Buy has nothing to do with upgrade charges and plan fees. Best Buy just reports what VZW tells them, and Best Buy does not add anything to the fees. The only difference is at Best Buy the phone is $49. At VZW the phone is $249

Yep your right on that. Locally the phone is $199 @ VZW.