45,000 Verizon Employees go on strike

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I stand corrected.

And it is over benefits from what I have heard.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

scott craft

Reaction score
I stand corrected.

The only reason I know that is I work in a unionized chemical plant and I'm on the committee representing the workers in my area. In my opinion the company wins every time there is a strike. It usually boils down to who has the deepest pockets and that is always the company.

Sent from my Windows 7 phone using Board Express

cobjones

Reaction score
I stand corrected.

The only reason I know that is I work in a unionized chemical plant and I'm on the committee representing the workers in my area. In my opinion the company wins every time there is a strike. It usually boils down to who has the deepest pockets and that is always the company.

Sent from my Windows 7 phone using Board Express

Maybe it boils down to who has the best arguement...

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

SwiftLegend

Reaction score
We should strike over these bills we receive and data prices! Now Wheres my dam google button so you can +1 that.
Or they're bloat loading of Moto phones. Maybe the employees are mad that the Bionic is going to be locked. I know I am.

Dejuanxg

Reaction score
We should strike over these bills we receive and data prices! Now Wheres my dam google button so you can +1 that.
Or they're bloat loading of Moto phones. Maybe the employees are mad that the Bionic is going to be locked. I know I am.

I don't really care about that because what is locked must have a key and will just have to be found.

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If AT&T buys T-Mobile.. Verizon's going to need to doing something different all together. If that's the case, their crappy coverage(at least here) will get better, right? So more reason for people to not leave ATT.

This tiered data is bull.. just scaring away new customers. If I was just now getting a smart phone, I go with sprint. Even though their coverage isn't AS good here, it'll definitely suffice. I've used 7gigs of memory already from Netflix mainly already. That's 80bucks for just data.

jev

Reaction score
They should consider themselves lucky to have a job. Shut up and get back to work while you still have a chance.

OP
OneTenderRebel

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hey dg can yo merge my thread with this one. We have a good donor going on this subject in it, just so people aren't posting in two threads about the same topic. It should be one of the first member news threads. Thanks!

To be or not to be........................wait what was the question? This signature has been Tapatalk approved.

OP
OneTenderRebel

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hey dg can yo merge my thread with this one. We have a good donor going on this subject in it, just so people aren't posting in two threads about the same topic. It should be one of the first member news threads. Thanks!

To be or not to be........................wait what was the question? This signature has been Tapatalk approved.

Wow autocorrect got the best of me there. Sorry, haha

DaWolf85

Reaction score
Count me in as unsurprised. The landline business is dying and everyone knows it.
The union like to highlight that Verizon is making billions in profit. Of their $9.6 billion dollars in revenue during the first half of 2011, 94% of it came from the wireless business. Why would Verizon pay their workers more? When you add in severance pay to their costs, they're losing money on the landline business.
You can't expect a company to treat you like the greatest thing since sliced bread when the area of it you work in isn't making them any money.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Oh my goodness! $100/mo for healthcare!

If only some of us could pay so little.

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
how do I get a job there haha