45,000 Verizon Employees go on strike

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
lol they have to strike! They are union.

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
Yep. My dad is management for Verizon...he works in Baltimore; he's been assigned to Boston for the strike. We're about to leave for the train station now.

First strike in 10 years or so for Verizon (all other contract negotiations since then were settled without a strike)...this one could be nasty given what they're asking.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Actually if the workers are asking for money (not wanting to take concessions aka paycut) then VZW will likely raise prices to cover it.
Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

cobjones

Reaction score
Actually if the workers are asking for money (not wanting to take concessions aka paycut) then VZW will likely raise prices to cover it.
Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Just fire them all and start over... I bet more than a few would come back after that.

Edit: maybe not with 2 years od unemployment.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
They can't fire them.

They can hire replacements in the interim however.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Art Vandelay

Reaction score
From what I gather, the employees seem to be the ones being greedy. Their contracts don't reflect the success of their department. The wired branch of Verizon is dieing and I'm sure Verizon would have no problem cutting their loses with landlines as cell phones dominate.

Just because Verizon overall is very successful doesn't mean a losing branch has to still be supported.

Their union needs to realize this and has to come to an agreement.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

nikecar

Reaction score
From what I gather, the employees seem to be the ones being greedy. Their contracts don't reflect the success of their department. The wired branch of Verizon is dieing and I'm sure Verizon would have no problem cutting their loses with landlines as cell phones dominate.

Just because Verizon overall is very successful doesn't mean a losing branch has to still be supported.

We are required to have a home phone landline due to our business.

No landline isn't an option for many folks.

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

Art Vandelay

Reaction score

We are required to have a home phone landline due to our business.

No landline isn't an option for many folks.

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

I'm not saying the landline is obsolete, but the workers and union have to realize the demand is not in their branch anymore.

Verizon's only reason to still support landline is for a gimmick. They want you to use their internet and TV, so they have to offer the landline.

I'm sure most smaller businesses rely primarily on mobile phones.

scott craft

Reaction score
They can't fire them.

They can hire replacements in the interim however.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

If the company goes to court and the strike is declared an economic strike, the workers can be permanently replaced. An economic strike is striking over money such as wages and benefits.

Sent from my Windows 7 phone using Board Express