4000MaH battery

Reaction score
I just saw some huge batteries on amazon and eBay and they seem to have a lot of bad reviews, but some of the reviewers don't seem to know what they are doing. Has anyone here used them?

Bfp

Reaction score
I have a 4000mha battery i bought off of ebay for $9 bucks with back cover and had no issues other than my otterbox wouldnt fit, got something like 52 hours out of 1 charge but usage was light. The battery has the same label on it as the moto battery just no moto sticker and it says replacement for MOT and is made in china..lol

brroid

Reaction score
I have bought two 4000mah batteries. Both were junk. I know, fool me once...fool me twice...

SpeJ3435

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
64GB White Nexus 6
View attachment 61588
I went 52 hours on my 2760mah oem extended battery. I enjoy the weight of this battery as it is not to big. This is with push email set up for 2 accounts, syncing google+, facebook, twitter, linkedin, and using the phone.

OP
Delasangre4231
Reaction score
I am at 25%, 10.5 hours in with the OEM extended, its not enough.

bbtkd

Reaction score
Get the moto extended battery and run Juice Defender.

Suuperflie

Reaction score
Get the moto extended battery and run Juice Defender.

Dude, you don't want juice defender. Just disable the apps you don't use and if you're rooted use TB to freeze what you can't disable. I'm usually sitting on about 65% at 6pm after taking the phone off charge at 0530 on the stock battery with moderate use.

OP
Delasangre4231
Reaction score
What am I doing wrong then? I run out very fast and have alot disabled but the apps I use.

bbtkd

Reaction score
Dude, you don't want juice defender. Just disable the apps you don't use and if you're rooted use TB to freeze what you can't disable. I'm usually sitting on about 65% at 6pm after taking the phone off charge at 0530 on the stock battery with moderate use.

I work at a location with marginal coverage, and without juice defender I had to charge in the early afternoon to get through the day. My office has some coverage, but if I have a lot of meetings most meeting rooms have no coverage. With juice defender, I set it up to manage brightness, and bring up the network when the screen is on or every 15 minutes otherwise. I set up a few apps to be able to turn on the network when they need it, and tuned another dozen parameters. When I am at home, it turns on my Wifi all the time so always has network. Now my battery lasts much longer and I still have a decent charge at 11:00 PM. I have a dock next to the bed, so it is freshly charged in the morning. I realize some folks can solve battery life issues by freezing apps, but marginal coverage was what was running my battery dead. Before juice defender, weekends were fine so my problem wasn't apps. I see some folks slamming Juice Defender, but I question whether they gave it an honest try for a week, giving themselves a chance to tune it to fit their needs. Still, not for everyone, but costs nothing to try.

804hokie

Reaction score
Now that my Bionic is out of warranty coverage, I've opted to try the Hyperion 4000mAh. The first one is marginally better than the OEM extended. But I've seen online that they will do what they can to make it right. They're sending me another complete package (without having to return the first), and hopefully this will give me the battery I've seen with some reviews. We shall see.

IMHO, Juice Defender is overkill for all but the most power outlet-devoid situations. I only use it when I'm out in the field. It works as advertised, but pretty much makes the phone an old-school cell phone on it's most extreme settings.

Sanitarium09

Reaction score
I have a 4000mha battery i bought off of ebay for $9 bucks with back cover and had no issues other than my otterbox wouldnt fit, got something like 52 hours out of 1 charge but usage was light. The battery has the same label on it as the moto battery just no moto sticker and it says replacement for MOT and is made in china..lol

Wow, you must have gotten one of the good ones. Maybe it's a lottery with those things. I bought one as well and it was absolute junk. It didn't even last as long as the stock battery. I knew it was probably going to be that way but I had to try. It was a cheap lesson anyway.

804hokie

Reaction score
Two days after I contacted Hyperion, they sent me a replacement. Time will tell how this one performs. I'd love to see a solid few hours more of battery life, compared to the OEM extended Li-Ion. Assuming the JB OTA performs well, a longer battery life on my Bionic will give me reason to keep it a few months past my upgrade date.

804hokie

Reaction score
Well, it seems Hyperion sent me a "good egg" Saturday because in the last 24-hrs, my Bionic has undergone both moderate and heavy use (with the screen on the brightest setting), and still hasn't drained the 4,000mAh battery down completely. However, both the built-in and GSam battery indicators have had it showing 1% for close to 10-hours now. I fully expected needing to charge it this morning, but that may have to wait until after lunch! I need to find a way to tweak this for accuracy. Still, I'm excited about the possibilities of going long periods of time without needing a charge!

On that note, does anyone know how to calibrate battery indicators for accurate readings? Will the Bionic or the GSam Battery app do this on its own? Or do non-OEM batteries prohibit accurate readings?

Last edited:

Sanitarium09

Reaction score
If you're rooted you can try clearing the battery stats. I'm not sure if you can do it in recovery on the Bionic but there are apps for it on the play store. Charge it all the way then clear it. Other than that there's not much more you can do.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2