4 months with droid, now my gmail hacked....

blucrewfan

Reaction score
and in the process, lost ALL 400 of my contacts...That's email addy's, phone numbers, physical address's...everything.

Long story short, someone hacked my Gmail account, emailed everyone on my contact list with some spam website, and of course everyone's email addy's available for everyone to see. So I checked my droid, all contacts still listed, cool....But then checked my Gmail account, ALL contacts GONE!.

Figured I could sync my droid back to my Gmail account, but when I did...POOF....ALL contacts lost from Droid and Google. FRUS-TER-A-TING!!

How did this happen...and does anyone have any help for the future, of not having this happen again.? Lucky I was able to upload contacts from an old BB I had, so I only lost about 85% of my contacts and info.....but it's the spamming of everyone on my list, and all THERE emails being spammed and most likely sold....sickening.

Any advice?

BCF

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's likely, of course, that someone who knows you is the culprit. But even if that is the case, I'd suggest reporting the incident to Google. They may be able to help you, but even if they cannot, if you believe this was done by someone who didn't have your google account login/password, Google will want to know about it.

Signum

Reaction score
ive been locked out of my gmail account twice in the past 2 months to the point where ive had to fill out the form to have my password reset.

not only that, ive had my google talk conversations forwarded to indviduals that need not see that and have had friendship/relationship issues spark up because of that

yesterday is the most recent day that ive been locked out and had to change my passsword.

ive had my gmail account for 5 years prior to this, never had any issue. wtf is going on?

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
Were you using internet explorer? There's malware out there that takes advantage of holes in IE to do it's dirty work. Might want to run software from malwarebytes.com to check things out.

One set of malware is called "Anitivirus 2010", I think. That's not antivirus software, that's the name of the virus.

Signum

Reaction score
Were you using internet explorer? There's malware out there that takes advantage of holes in IE to do it's dirty work. Might want to run software from malwarebytes.com to check things out.

One set of malware is called "Anitivirus 2010", I think. That's not antivirus software, that's the name of the virus.

firefox or google chrome. mostly google chrome

Grabraham

Reaction score
if you login to gmail on your pc and scroll all the way down to the bottom there is a spot that says:

Last account activity: 1 hour ago at this IP (98.118.xxx.xxx). Details

might be worth looking at ?

OP
B

blucrewfan

Reaction score
Never had any trouble before. I have a pretty difficult password. I use Firefox, and for a completely different reason, ran a scan with a malware program last week. ( Kept getting the " Microsoft Explorer has stopped responding"...finally got rid of it.

Where or who exactly do I contact at Google? Mostly likely not a tel # I suppose.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

I backed up my contacts to a, excel file, and put them on a flashdrive. Anyone have any other suggestion? Off site storage of contacts?

Thanks,

BCF

rcfx

Reaction score
I use a program called exportcontacts, its in the market. That will back up all your contacts onto your sd card in a csv format. Then you can copy that file onto your computer and use it to restore your contacts if google has a 'burp'.