1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

4 months with droid, now my gmail hacked....

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by blucrewfan, Apr 12, 2010.

1. blucrewfan

blucrewfan New Member

and in the process, lost ALL 400 of my contacts...That's email addy's, phone numbers, physical address's...everything.

Long story short, someone hacked my Gmail account, emailed everyone on my contact list with some spam website, and of course everyone's email addy's available for everyone to see. So I checked my droid, all contacts still listed, cool....But then checked my Gmail account, ALL contacts GONE!.

Figured I could sync my droid back to my Gmail account, but when I did...POOF....ALL contacts lost from Droid and Google. FRUS-TER-A-TING!!

How did this happen...and does anyone have any help for the future, of not having this happen again.? Lucky I was able to upload contacts from an old BB I had, so I only lost about 85% of my contacts and info.....but it's the spamming of everyone on my list, and all THERE emails being spammed and most likely sold....sickening.

Any advice?

BCF
  2. jsh1120

jsh1120 New Member

It's likely, of course, that someone who knows you is the culprit. But even if that is the case, I'd suggest reporting the incident to Google. They may be able to help you, but even if they cannot, if you believe this was done by someone who didn't have your google account login/password, Google will want to know about it.
  3. Signum

Signum Member

ive been locked out of my gmail account twice in the past 2 months to the point where ive had to fill out the form to have my password reset.

not only that, ive had my google talk conversations forwarded to indviduals that need not see that and have had friendship/relationship issues spark up because of that

yesterday is the most recent day that ive been locked out and had to change my passsword.

ive had my gmail account for 5 years prior to this, never had any issue. wtf is going on?
  4. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member Premium Member

Weak Passwords......
  5. Signum

Signum Member

its 14 charachters alphanumeric with caps/lowercase

how is that weak?
  6. Grabraham

Grabraham New Member

connecting To untrusted wifi networks ?
  7. Signum

Signum Member

only wifi network i use is my home network which is secure.
  8. aminaked

aminaked New Member

Were you using internet explorer? There's malware out there that takes advantage of holes in IE to do it's dirty work. Might want to run software from malwarebytes.com to check things out.

One set of malware is called "Anitivirus 2010", I think. That's not antivirus software, that's the name of the virus.
  9. Signum

Signum Member

firefox or google chrome. mostly google chrome
  10. Grabraham

Grabraham New Member

if you login to gmail on your pc and scroll all the way down to the bottom there is a spot that says:

Last account activity: 1 hour ago at this IP (98.118.xxx.xxx). Details

might be worth looking at ?
  11. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member Premium Member

Someone you know?
    Someone looking over your shoulder?
    Malware..

Can't be much else.
  12. SGTiger

SGTiger New Member

Define secure. WEP is not secure.
  13. blucrewfan

blucrewfan New Member

Never had any trouble before. I have a pretty difficult password. I use Firefox, and for a completely different reason, ran a scan with a malware program last week. ( Kept getting the " Microsoft Explorer has stopped responding"...finally got rid of it.

Where or who exactly do I contact at Google? Mostly likely not a tel # I suppose.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

I backed up my contacts to a, excel file, and put them on a flashdrive. Anyone have any other suggestion? Off site storage of contacts?

Thanks,

BCF
  14. rcfx

rcfx New Member

I use a program called exportcontacts, its in the market. That will back up all your contacts onto your sd card in a csv format. Then you can copy that file onto your computer and use it to restore your contacts if google has a 'burp'.
  15. Hypnotic

Hypnotic New Member

Wow I took the persons advice to check that out and it said I had some account activity from Maryland!
  16. bd1212

bd1212 New Member

Just a tip for all of you: If you go into your contacts and press the "Menu" button, if you look in the menu that pops up, one of the options says "Import/Export". If you click on that, another menu will pop up showing to options, the first one being "Import from SD Card" and the other being "Export to SD Card". Click on the one that says "Export to SD Card".

Boom, your contacts are now permanently on your SD card just in-case anything might happen to em. =]
  17. brucin

brucin New Member

Thanks for the tip. I'm not having any issues but you can't be too careful. I back up my sd card weekly to several locations too.
  18. blucrewfan

blucrewfan New Member

Thanks...great tip !

BCF
  19. montlyfool

montlyfool New Member

Ok, I know what the OP is talking about, except I did not lose any of my contacts. An email was sent to all my contacts with some sort of link to a RX website on Friday. I have not been online all day, just using my DROID via 3G only. I even received a txt message from someone else on my contact list that was not from me including the same message. I received the email to all of my email addresses in my contact list. My brother txt me stating he got the email. I noticed in my sent box there was an email sent to all of my contacts, a lot of them bounced back as well and a few people emailed me about it.
    I logged into GMAIL on the computer, changed my password, deleted all the SPAM that was sent and emailed a few folks about what happened.
    Not sure about this, but this happened late in the evening and I was at work using my DROID to access my email only. I only assume it was some type of MALWARE program, but I did not get any email on my phone that I would have clicked on.
    Go figure.
  20. Zandog

Zandog New Member

Exactly what happened to me. Got hacked, spam sent to my contacts but not much else. Had 13 digit password, changed it again. BUT, I got an IP address log from gmail.

A mobile address perhaps; from Serbia. 79-101-165-203.dynamic.isp.telekom.rs

:) Have at it.

I have never been gmail hacked until I got this Droid a few weeks ago. Coincidence?
Search tags for this page
android app to hack gmail account
android email hacked

android gmail hacked

android phone gmail hacked

apps for android to hack gmail accounts
craigs list app hacked my gmail
droid gmail hacked
gmail android hacked account
gmail hack for android
hack gmail android
hacking into gmail via droid