4 Issues-Icons Disappear-Phone Doesn't Ring-Apps open randomly-No Touch Response

tjplace

Reaction score
1. App Icons just disappear on their own off the screen! How does this happen and can we stop it from happening. So annoying!

2. Hubby's phone SOMETIMES just doesn't ring, on some days, he misses important business calls. Yes, shows volume up and on...

3. Different apps just open rapidly and randomly on their own!

4. Usually when trying to retrieve voice mails, but not always, go to put in my code and no response on touch screen. Can't end call or do anything!

All these problems are random and intermittent, and very annoying.

Hope someone out there can help with these issues!!!!
:blink:

cbreze

Reaction score
FWIW, have you tried a full reset back to factory specs/settings? Also, if its a droid x, your in the Maxx forum btw.

OP
tjplace

tjplace

Reaction score
Nope, two razr maxx phones.
I have read in other places that since the ICS update, different people have these same various issues.

cbreze

Reaction score
So the question remains , have you done the hard reset deed yet? If that doesn't fix it then can they be replaced? So many issues with the update, but many were fixed with a good hard reset.

virgil71468

Reaction score
tjplace said:
1. App Icons just disappear on their own off the screen! How does this happen and can we stop it from happening. So annoying!

2. Hubby's phone SOMETIMES just doesn't ring, on some days, he misses important business calls. Yes, shows volume up and on...

3. Different apps just open rapidly and randomly on their own!

4. Usually when trying to retrieve voice mails, but not always, go to put in my code and no response on touch screen. Can't end call or do anything!

All these problems are random and intermittent, and very annoying.

Hope someone out there can help with these issues!!!! :blink:

Happened on my bionic too. Since I've had razr maxx no problem...... Yet, lol.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

OP
tjplace

tjplace

Reaction score
SOOOO annoying AND time consuming to do hard reset. That is ALWAYS Verizons go to answer!
TO reinstall 5 email accounts. Facebook, apps and all...
To then REJOIN all the hundreds of contacts that come in via facebook and my enterprise outlook! :angry:
Why can't they just fix the issues without punishing the owner/user! Half the time, reset doesn't even work.
Did do a soft reset and cleared the cache.

The MY GALLERY was showing camera roll, but would force close when wanting to see MY LIBRARY>
Found a fix that worked on the net without having to do a hard reset!