4 hours 30%

bl8demast3r

Reaction score
Just wondering if this is normal I've been using the GPS the whole 4hrs. I can upload a screen shot when I get home, if anyone needs it. But from the looks of it do you guys think its normal?? I don't have anything running in the bg

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using DroidForums

MysticalDreams

Reaction score
IL for now... waiting for the day we can move back
Current Phone Model
Note 8!!
From what I read when I was researching the phone, the battery would last from LA to Vegas using the GPS and moderate use of phone calls and text etc. LA to Vegas is about a 4 hour drive. so it does make sense to me. I haven't used my GPS for over an hour yet so I have no personal experience.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
GPS is a killer. With my old droid I could exhaust the battery driving 20 miles in heavy traffic. Even when plugged into the car the charging could barely keep up with the battery drain. So it doesn't surprise me in the least that one could use 30% of a full battery on a Maxx with four hours of GPS navigation. By the way, the OP didn't mention whether the GPS was combined with turn-by-turn navigation, but I suspect it was. All those pretty pictures and the nice lady telling you to turn around at the first opportunity eats up battery, too.

rosariorose9

Reaction score
GPS is a killer. With my old droid I could exhaust the battery driving 20 miles in heavy traffic. Even when plugged into the car the charging could barely keep up with the battery drain. So it doesn't surprise me in the least that one could use 30% of a full battery on a Maxx with four hours of GPS navigation. By the way, the OP didn't mention whether the GPS was combined with turn-by-turn navigation, but I suspect it was. All those pretty pictures and the nice lady telling you to turn around at the first opportunity eats up battery, too.

My experience as well with my Incredible. Couldn't use it with GPS unless I had it connected to a car adapter, and even then it lost some of its charge. So, 4 hours with the Maxx is pretty darn impressive!