4 days on a single charge :-)

HuJass

Reaction score
After charging my D2 overnight last Sunday into Monday morning, I was able to get 4 days on that single charge.
I would say my usage is light to moderate.

If anyone has questions on how I got it to last that long, feel free to ask. But please tell me how to check the setting of mine that you'd like to know, because I really don't know how to find every setting.

mindytyson3

Reaction score
After charging my D2 overnight last Sunday into Monday morning, I was able to get 4 days on that single charge.
I would say my usage is light to moderate.

If anyone has questions on how I got it to last that long, feel free to ask. But please tell me how to check the setting of mine that you'd like to know, because I really don't know how to find every setting.

how did you do that? i get my new droid 2 monday and trying to get hints on stuff i can do to help with the battery and other things. thanks.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Since you started the thread on it why not just share what you did to achieve this? I got to be honest, I don't have a Droid 2 but the thought of any smart phone going 4 days without a charge is, well, let's just say highly improbable.

But I'll keep an open mind. What did you do?

OP
H

HuJass

Reaction score
I don't have it pushing or pulling e-mails.
I turn off the wi-fi, bluetooth, GPS, and airplane.
I only have the weather widget and the aforementioned switch widgets on the main page; nothing else on the other pages.
I turn it off (off off) at night when I go to bed.
I have it on Nighttime Saver for the battery mode.
No task killers, no LauncherPro (I tried it, it made the phone act weird).
I really haven't been streaming Pandora since I charged it that time.
I don't use it as an mp3 player.
I downloaded the actual Facebook app, and have set it to update every 4 hours (the longest interval available).

I can't think of anything else right now.

Again, if you want me to check a setting on my phone, just tell me how to do it & I will do it.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I only have the weather widget and the aforementioned switch widgets on the main page; nothing else on the other pages.
I downloaded the actual Facebook app, and have set it to update every 4 hours (the longest interval available).

Again, if you want me to check a setting on my phone, just tell me how to do it & I will do it.

Damn, sounds great. But I went the other way and decided to actually use my phone.:):)

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just don't use it. It has a standby time of 315 hours. That's almost 2 weeks.

Or, if you want to use it:

-use wifi, it actually uses less power than 3g so leave the setting on
-uninstall unneeded widgets, apps that run on startup, live wallpapers (don't use antivirus. don't use task killers)
-turn screen brightness to auto or lower if you can stand it
-only sync what you need (can you do without syncing contacts, calendar, facebook contacts?)

Incidentally, you can leave GPS on too as the phone only uses it as needed. Droid X users, work around the no sleep bug or wait for 2.2 to fix it.

Set battery profile to performance mode if you want data on all the time. It doesn't use much more battery power.

Leave sync and background data on. Get email all the time. It doesn't use much more battery power.

RED is the color that will use the least amount of power as a background image, but that is nitpicking. You could also turn off haptic feedback.

Last edited:
OP
H

HuJass

Reaction score

-uninstall unneeded widgets, apps that run on startup, live wallpapers (don't use antivirus. don't use task killers)
-only sync what you need (can you do without syncing contacts, calendar, facebook contacts?)

Incidentally, you can leave GPS on too as the phone only uses it as needed. Droid X users, work around the no sleep bug or wait for 2.2 to fix it.

Set battery profile to performance mode if you want data on all the time. It doesn't use much more battery power.

Leave sync and background data on. Get email all the time. It doesn't use much more battery power.

RED is the color that will use the least amount of power as a background image, but that is nitpicking. You could also turn off haptic feedback.

See, I don't even know what a lot of that means.

DW0278

Reaction score
Mine has been running since i took it off charge this morning at 8 about 50% battery left. I would say moderate use some surfing calls emails downloading aps and what not. GPS wifi both on battery in nighttime saver mode brightness set on auto. Maybe I got lucky but I am pretty much getting a whole day out of mine and only charging it at night.

mindytyson3

Reaction score

ok gosh i will be having email coming and going....my battery will drain alot probably..ha.
i text not alot but sometimes i do it alot especially if somebody text me and want to have a whole conversation over text...ha.
i won't use the wifi or gps. not sure about the headset but not going to use it at first. i will have to buy a headset if i was to use that.
i will remember the nighttime saver mode for the battery. is this the best one on there or is there a better mode?
ok not sure about all the homescreen pages that are on there so not sure what will be on there...ha just have to wait until i get my phone to see what all i want on there.
if there isn't a way to not hear the emails and texting at night i would definitely turn the whole phone off as well. is there a way to not hear the texting and emails and just hear the phone? i always use that on my blackberry incase somebody has an emergency they can get in touch with me and i won't be woke up by emails and texting.
i won't be using task killers or launcherpro i have no idea what those two are anyways..ha. my husband has the original droid so i will let him tell me what to put on there as far as those go.
won't be using the mp3 part of the phone either. i have a mp3 for when i work out.
pandora not sure what that is but kinda thinking it might be the internet or something...ha. not sure. see i have no clue about any of this stuff. it will take me awhile to learn this phone and everything on it. it will be my first smartphone with touchscreen! kinda scary ha.
ok and i would definitely be getting the facebook app so i will put it on the setting you have your on. well thats it thanks for the info!dancedroid

mindytyson3

Reaction score

is there any widgets or apps on the droid 2 that i would need to install that i probably wouldn't use? i have heard there are some stuff on there that when people get the phone they go ahead and delete it.
what is the auto for the screen mean? is it like if i walk outside and its bright it dims and when it is dark it gets brighter type thing?
well when i get my phone i will have to sync it at first but afterwards i shouldn't use syncing that much.
what is haptic feedback? lol still learning alot before i get my phone on monday! gosh i hope i can use my phone and learn it...lol thanks.dancedroid

mindytyson3

Reaction score

See, I don't even know what a lot of that means.

ha i don't either but i will be learning it as i go..ha.dancedroid

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
^lol

That was good Fisher....:)

I think the OP turning the phone all the way off may be helping the battery last long. Just recently I started using Airplane Mode when at work since reception there is bad. It helps in a bad reception area. The type of work I do I cant really use my phone unless I make the phone call, which also has to be done in the hallway.

I did miss a booty call Friday so I may have to do without Airplane mode....

I think this phone should have some real good battery life tho.

Last edited: