4 days left to decide

Tonyr570

Reaction score
So i'm still debating on the nexus only because it has an unlocked bootloader. If I plan on rooting should I take my razr back and wait for the nexus? before my razr I had a D1 and really liked the rooting abilities that came with the unlocked bootloader. I'm torn though because I really like this phone. just want some thoughts on the subject.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

todroid

Reaction score
Droid X has a locked bootloader and received tons of developer support. Just go browse the Droid X ROM section in this forum. The only things that cannot be changed with the locked bootloader are kernel and radio. Both appear to be very good with the Razr.
Our hope is that the developer love is there for this phone. it's already been rooted and recovery created. Now were waiting for the "unbricking" file.
I had both OG Droid since the beginning (see my join date) and Droid X, and was able to mod both extensively.

OP
T

Tonyr570

Reaction score
Thanks that probably just made me decide to keep this phone I saw it was rooted and got excited but didn't know what a root with locked bootloader was like but i'm fine with the kernel in this thing so I'll root it tonight haha. Thanks again.