4.7 bugs I'm having & a ?

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by jbrock98, Aug 23, 2010.

1. jbrock98

jbrock98 New Member

First of all chevy the rom is blazing fast and I'm having no redraw issues what so ever, but I have one question and couple "bugs" I ran bkapps/rstapps on a previous rom then wiped 5x and installed 4.7, the question is the OTA patch, it rebooted n SPrecovery & did nothing but stay at main menu, is that wat its suppose to do? The little buggers I'm having is 1)I can't reply to email in Gmail it just keeps saying sending 2)when I open superuser it closes as fast as it opens it won't stay open(I'm wanting to turn off notifications) 3)the screen auto-rotate just stopped working, it was originally unchecked so I checked it and it worked fine up for a day or so then the screen just wouldn't go landscape even if I opened the keyboard, an app will go landscape but not the home screens or app drawer, I dunno if me putting it on my dock did something b/c I noticed the dock notification didn't come up when I docked my phone and if I hit home button on dock screen it took me to my home screens(which stayed portrait mode) and when I hit soft home button while on home screens it opened the dock back up

Sent from my SIMPLY STUNNING Droid using Tapatalk
  2. YankInDaSouth

YankInDaSouth Theme Developer Theme Developer

Have you tried a different kernel?
    As far as the responding to the mail, try clearing the data. That may work for you.
    I also had a apps open/close rapidly, but a simple reboot took care of it for me.
  3. y0rk

y0rk New Member

If you use SPRecovery I'm pretty sure you will have to run the patch manually. You can of course download and apply one of my color options and it will patch it for you as well. :) http://www.droidforums.net/forum/chevyno1/73533-theme-wip-3-new-colors-more-come.html

As for the Gmail issue, as stated above going into Settings>Applications>Manage Applications>All then click Gmail and clear the data and cache will generally take care of that.

For the rotation, make sure there is not a specific setting in whichever launcher you are using. I use Launcher Pro and i keep the rotation for it unchecked so my home screen doesn't shift on its own, but use the settings in ChevyNo1 Tools to allow any other apps to rotate when away from the homescreen. Hope that helps
  4. bmxriderjack

bmxriderjack New Member

Using root explorer go to sdcard and change the .zip that came with the patch to update.zip then boot into recovery.
    As for screen rotation, go into your launcher preferences and change the rotation settings
  5. jbrock98

jbrock98 New Member

lol way to plug ur themes lol i'm gonna try these suggestions out along w/ flashing blackGlass ....and of course one of ur themes lol

P.S. how bout an orange & black theme ;-)
  6. y0rk

y0rk New Member

Just thought you would want to kill two birds with one stone. LOL