4.7 - Bluetooth & Media Controls

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by ChevyNo1, Aug 18, 2010.

1. ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1 Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Some of you are stating the controls (other than volume) no longer work.

I just tested this by connection to my palm headset - it said it was connected. I started music, and shut the screen off. I have no issues using the media controls, everything seems to work fine.

NOW - this is just a Palm headset for speaking, not meant for listening to music. Are they different?
  2. Phreaker47

Phreaker47 Member

I just tested my Moto S9HD stereo bluetooth headphones.
    Edit: see below
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2010
  3. Phreaker47

Phreaker47 Member

While using Widgetlocker:

I seem to have a new issue that might be related. I use Widgetlocker (I tested things with this both disabled and enabled) but now since upgrading to 4.7 and even with the media control option turned off, now when the screen is locked it will wake up upon pressing any hard key, including +/- and camera buttons. That is an optional feature in Widgetlocker but I have always had that turned off and I double checked. The screen also wakes up (with Widgetlocker running) if I press play/pause/volume up/down on my bluetooth headphones! It never behaved like this in 4.6 and the widgetlocker version and settings are the same.

With Widgetlocker disabled:

On the standard lock screen when the screen is off, none of the A2DP buttons on my headphones work at all whether the media control mode is on or off. First I have to wake up the screen with the power button, THEN the headphone buttons will function. With the screen off, those buttons are locked out. That should not happen.
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2010
  4. Phreaker47

Phreaker47 Member

Hey Chevy, if you want a tester for any patches for this issue, let me know. I'm an IT guy so I know how to give good troubleshooting feedback ;)

Using Tappy Talky thing
  5. mkloharry

mkloharry New Member

I did a wipe and fresh. Installation and still have the same problem. All music apps stream music music fine, Pandora sounds great now. Bluetooth stereo headsets allow to skip foward or back tracks and to pause. This is now broken only when the screen is off, however volume works with screen on or off. My work around now I just tap power button on Droid so screen comes on then everything works.

Thanks Chevy
  6. Phreaker47

Phreaker47 Member

That's the thing though, a big advantage of the A2DP controls is being able to use them while the phone is locked, so you can just leave your phone in your pocket and use those buttons.

Having Widgetlocker enabled gets me around this (in an accidental way) but every time I press a media control button on my headset, the screen wakes up, and it shouldn't.

(Okay I've griped enough about this in two threads... heh... I will stop now)
Search tags for this page
android bluetooth button control

android bluetooth media control app

android bluetooth volume control not working
control android media from bluetooth headset