4.5.608.en.US Woes

cbarlow

Reaction score
My phone has the stock 2.2 and I am having the exact same problem. I have had success before pulling the battery before doing an update, but not this time.

silver6054

Reaction score
Restored Cardock. Everthing unfrozen. No deleted apps. Still fails with no explanation.

Without an error message it is hard to know. Did you try installing .608 manually (from the links that are around)? That might show you the error message.
Had you installed the 3G pixel correction that GY mentioned? Also, I don't know how significant it is that you cannot unroot, but that could indicate missing or extra files that stop the update. But, impossible to say!

silver6054

Reaction score
My phone has the stock 2.2 and I am having the exact same problem. I have had success before pulling the battery before doing an update, but not this time.

Stock as in always stock, or have you rooted in the past? And I assume you are at the latest version of 2.2 (.330) rather than the earlier one.

cbarlow

Reaction score
Stock as in always stock, or have you rooted in the past? And I assume you are at the latest version of 2.2 (.330) rather than the earlier one.

I had z4root at one time, but I did a factory reset a couple of months ago and have not rooted since. When I did the reset, I had to remove the battery before the reset to get it to work. I have done that as well with no luck. I am on 2.2 (.330).

silver6054

Reaction score
I had z4root at one time, but I did a factory reset a couple of months ago and have not rooted since. When I did the reset, I had to remove the battery before the reset to get it to work. I have done that as well with no luck. I am on 2.2 (.330).

Did you install bootstrapper while you were rooted? Some things are not undone by factory reset....

cbarlow

Reaction score
Did you install bootstrapper while you were rooted? Some things are not undone by factory reset....
No. I am trying it for the 3rd time. It re-downloads every time so taking a while. This time though, I turned off Lookout security. When installing, that service probably isn't even running, but I thought I would give it a try.

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
Factory reset does not remove z4root and CWM, unless you flashed an SBF.

fracas

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem! i was rooted but stock with froyo and it didn't work.. now i am unrooted and it still doesn't work.. How can i do? If i do a backup and later a hard reset and update to GB can i restore my all apps and data?

eMWu

Reaction score
You can apply the update from the bootloader instead. From there you can see errors, if any.

fracas

Reaction score
You can apply the update from the bootloader instead. From there you can see errors, if any.

I think i can't update because i have deleted some bloatware app like blockbuster,ecc.. i think that if i do a factory reset than i can upgrade via OTA, but i don't know if i can restore my apps later

eMWu

Reaction score
If you're on GB:
  • turn off your phone
  • turn in on by holding Power and X key until a robot and a triangle appear
  • press both volume up & volume down
  • choose "apply update from sdcard"
Useful to see exactly why the update fails.