4.44 Update ruined battery life

brunla

Reaction score
Galaxy Note 3 - Verizon
Before 4.44 my battery lasted from 7 AM - 11 PM no problem with heavy use.
Immediately after the 4.44 update, my battery life has crashed. I can literally see my battery draining. I will make a phone call for 10 minutes or have the screen on, and it drops 10 points or more. Just in standby mode it drops ridiculously. I'm having to charge my phone now 2-3 times per day. Completely unacceptable.
Does anybody else have this issue and what can be done? I'm about to call Verizon and demand a new phone.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Galaxy Note 3 - Verizon
Before 4.44 my battery lasted from 7 AM - 11 PM no problem with heavy use.
Immediately after the 4.44 update, my battery life has crashed. I can literally see my battery draining. I will make a phone call for 10 minutes or have the screen on, and it drops 10 points or more. Just in standby mode it drops ridiculously. I'm having to charge my phone now 2-3 times per day. Completely unacceptable.
Does anybody else have this issue and what can be done? I'm about to call Verizon and demand a new phone.

Having you checked your battery statistics to see what might be causing the battery drain (go to Settings - Battery)? It's possible that there's a particular app that isn't playing well with the update.

Beyond that, you might want to try doing a factory reset. After a firmware update, there are sometimes apps and file fragments that get hung up and cause a wide variety of issues, including decreased battery life. A factory reset will sometimes correct those problems. Verizon will require you to do one before they give you a replacement device, so it wouldn't hurt to give it a try.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
The 4.4.4 wrecked my international Note 3's battery life as well. I ended up rolling back to 4.4.2.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Same on my S5. FDR fixed it right up, although I'm still not getting the same life I did on 4.4.2.
That said, it still gets me through the day with heavy use so I'm ok with it.

S5 tap'n