4.4 or troll job?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
android_kitkat_720b-631x333.png

Some pictures have surfaced that are supposed to be a couple of leaked images of 4.4 Kit Kat. As we await the official unveiling of 4.4, as usual with Android or almost anything tech related, someone claims to have the device/software and are glad to share pictures with us. Problem is that since it is not official you have to wonder if someone is just trolling the community. Already people are questioning the kernel numbers.

So we ask what you think real or fake?

New leaked shots show redesigned Android 4.4 KitKat phone & messaging apps? | 9to5Google

Last edited by a moderator:

Brennan_Huber

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I think that's to much for a hoax..
I know people will go to extreme lengths just to get some fame.
But we are talking about some work here.. Redesigning the dialer, making the status bar to change to the color of the app. I have made a few themes and that'd be way to much work for me just to get a bit of fame.

But by all means, if it is a hoax, I hope its a TMo theme and I want it hahaha

Tapp'd from one of my Nexus Devices

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
Is that a real kit kat bar with Andy on it??

This promotional tie-in is giving me sick stomach, kind of like when sports arenas started selling their naming rights...........

Safwan

Reaction score
My opinion is mixing. There are lots of questions arising about this KitKat.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Too hard to tell. I'm hoping it is in fact a hoax/fake. It looks terrible and resembles iOS 7 which I do not particularly like because of all the white.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Its a fake, already out on twitter from droid-life and android authority I believe.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think it looks good. Everything is converging anyway as iOS looks more and more like Android, and Android looking more and more like iOS.

However, 4.4.4 won't be too far from 4.3 in the looks department, given it's still Android 4.X.X.

I think we really have something to look forward to with Andy 5.0

SwiftLegend

Reaction score
I think that's to much for a hoax.. I know people will go to extreme lengths just to get some fame. But we are talking about some work here.. Redesigning the dialer, making the status bar to change to the color of the app. I have made a few themes and that'd be way to much work for me just to get a bit of fame. But by all means, if it is a hoax, I hope its a TMo theme and I want it hahaha Tapp'd from one of my Nexus Devices
All the images were stills, weren't they? No video? If that's the case, couldn't it have been an easy Photoshop job? But then again, it could just be a simple Theme manager theme or apk editing with some PA Per-app Color magic for the status/nav bars.

Brennan_Huber

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
All the images were stills, weren't they? No video? If that's the case, couldn't it have been an easy Photoshop job? But then again, it could just be a simple Theme manager theme or apk editing with some PA Per-app Color magic for the status/nav bars.

Yeah I got to thinking about the PA per app color.
Could be that, good call!

But I seriously doubt PS because you can see the pixels from the shot.

But yeah if they were on PA then this would actually be very easy to recreate. Just edit the dialer and MMS and you're good.

But it was for sure faked. So my whole assumption was wrong.

Tapp'd from one of my Nexus Devices