4.4 (kitkat) for note 3

sharkattack99

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S8+
I was just wondering if anyone has found out if or when the Samsung Galaxy note 3 is getting 4.4 kitkat?

OP
sharkattack99

sharkattack99

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S8+
Sweet hope there true

Sent From My SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE 3

NOVICE

Reaction score
I'm happy with my Note 3.

What improvements will kitkat offer?

KaChow

Reaction score
Here ya go...

View attachment 68287

This is the same source that has been leaked everywhere. Where suppose to be getting it right around the same time as the S4, my guess earlier than the S4, but later than the Play Edition. But also, the S5 is suppose to be announced Officially Dec/Jan released in Feb or something like that... so many rumors...

Here's the All About Kit Kat

OP
sharkattack99

sharkattack99

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S8+
Wow kitkat has some great features can't wait till it comes to the note 3

Sent From My SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE 3

Xfactorx316

Reaction score
I absolutely love my Note 3. Until now I haven't even read much on Kit Kat. Now that I have done some reading I cannot wait to get this update!

illnevertell

Reaction score
This update is in certification testing already. We will see how that goes

Caesars

Reaction score
I've only even noticed 3 or so differences on kitkat, but it will be nice to have the latest and greatest!

Note 3 <Caesars>

Mike.757

Silver Member
Reaction score
That is when Samsung is releasing it. Then the carriers will have to work it before they release it to us. Could be mid year before Verizon sends an OTA.

KaChow

Reaction score
That is when Samsung is releasing it. Then the carriers will have to work it before they release it to us. Could be mid year before Verizon sends an OTA.

I really doubt that. Verizon seems to have a rather solid track record when it comes to KitKat, take a look at the MotoX for example. Verizon was the first carrier to offer 4.4 with the MotoX, and I believe they are the first to offer it with the MotoG. In fact most of the Moto Devices such as the Droid line have skipped 4.3 and are going straight to 4.4, even the Razr HD and Mini are getting 4.4. You have to remember there are certain game rules when it comes to updates, while the Moto devices were the exception to the rule. The first devices are the Nexus devices, then are they "Play Edition" devices which there are 3 of those HTC One, S4, Xperia, and then everyone else. Since, the Nexus has it already, HTC One Play has gotten it, I have a feeling S4 Play is going to get it and it is going to be spread to all S4 and Note 3 with Xperia picking it up around the same time. I could be wrong, but I think ties with Google and Samsung are pretty deep and can see this Play Edition thing rather disappear. Verizon will be there eating it up....

Mike.757

Silver Member
Reaction score
I haven't kept up with KitKat that much and am going back to Jelly Bean where Verizon seemed to have a side bet with the other carriers as to who could be the last to release JB.

Xfactorx316

Reaction score
There are some nice features that I am now looking forward to having after doing some reading, but I'm extrememly happy with what I have right now. If it comes out in January I'll be happy, but if it doesn't come out till March I think I'll be just fine. I'm not expecting it to take any longer than the end of February (hopefully by the end of January)but that is just my opinion.