4.4 Kit Kat launcher and apps working on Razr

moset

Reaction score
Has anyone gotten the new 4.4 apks to work properly on the stock RAZR? I have Google Now and the Google keyboard working but not the launcher. Some of the other aps like camera and gallery work but have some issues. I've tried the change language fix suggested for the launcher with no luck.
Anyone?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

avenged61973

Reaction score
I believe the launcher will only work on phones with android version 4.2 and above. Some have installed 4.2-4.3 custom roms and had success but I haven't tried. I know it doesn't work on 4.1.2.

OP
moset

moset

Reaction score
Thanks, is there a fully functional 4.3 ROM out there? I haven't rooted the RAZR yet. Haven't really felt the need. I'm assuming 4.4 ROMs will be out pretty soon for the RAZR. It seems totally different flashing since the OG Droid. Guess I'll soon see.
Does 4.3 make a real difference?

avenged61973

Reaction score
I don't know much about roms. I'm stock rooted using Nova Launcher that's customizable enough for me. I did read on xda that they are working on a 4.4 rom. Should be out soon.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk 4

OP
moset

moset

Reaction score
Gotcha, my only issue is lag but from the old days that happens with loading lots of apps. New ROMs always seemed to run so much faster, I think, because you wiped data and cache. Like starting fresh.

YellowJacket

Reaction score
Moset, I am rooted and running Cyanogen mod 10.2 which is a 4.3 ROM. Runs almost flawlessly and very clean and responsive... far better than stock. Its pretty much like having a new phone again.

David

OP
moset

moset

Reaction score
Is that a nightly or is there a stable release out?

YellowJacket

Reaction score
Currently running nightlies and very happy.... haven't updated since last week.

One of the caveats to running CM though is you are not able to run things like smart actions... or a t least I haven't found a way to. Not a biggie for me as battery life is excellent anyway.

CM did just release a CM 10.2 snapshot last week which is supposed to be more stable than nightlies but I haven't tried it yet.

David

Luvmyrazr

Reaction score
I rooted my last RAZR (RIP) and ran Cyanogen one thing I noticed with 10.2 was my phone wouldn't pair with the Microsoft SYNC in my car I also had an issue getting a 4G signal. I ended up re flashing a back up.

If I root my new RAZR I plan of reinstalling Cyanogen..

YellowJacket

Reaction score
Been using the kit kat launcher since this thread started and I do like it, however; it seems like it doesnt remember icons that I've stacked into folders.

For instance, I have my "messaging folder" which has texting, email, dolphin browser, and FB. After rebooting, it drops random icons from the folder. Also have a "medical" folder that I use for work and icons regularly drop from it as well.

David