4.3 ready but cant install.

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
I rooted my Note 2 with Casual while back and also have TWRP on it. Is there a CASUAL for the 4.3 update or how can I revert back to install it?

pool_shark

Reaction score
I don't understand why rooted users, especially those with a custom recovery would want the OTA update.
You will lose root and re lock your bootlaoder.

There is no casual update for 4.3 to my knowledge and rumor has it Adam will no longer work on Samsung devices.

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
Hammerhead, we have a sister forum which is dedicated exclusively to the Note 2 and the note 3 - Samsung Galaxy Note2 and Note3 Forum. You will find a lot of experienced Note modders there and a quick answer to your question. :)

pool_shark, personally I agree with you about being rooted and still wanting OTA updates. Of my phones that are rooted, I avoid any sort of OTA update like the plague. My feeling is that you make an informed choice and either go the custom ROM way, and stay on that course, or you remain stock and pounce on OTA updates - not both ways. But that's just my opinion, and there are many people who feel differently. (shrug) Everyone gets to choose I guess.

OP
hammerhead13

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
for whatever reason I can never seem to find a good rom and usually like to stick with a Stock Rom so I dont lose any functionality like S-Pen. I would like to run 4.4 on my Note 2 but am afraid of similar results

OP
hammerhead13

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Thanks for the Post! will I lose the S-Pen Feature? or any other Stock Features?

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
You should have all features on both ..The second is more like OTA ..First one has some N3 features added to it ..

N3 tapa

OP
hammerhead13

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I installed Nephilim but have NO WiFI it doesnt turn on. Any ideas?

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I installed Nephilim but have NO WiFI it doesnt turn on. Any ideas?

I believe you will need to Odin to newest firmware so it will then work ..it's best to be on latest then you can get wifi working on this and any Rom on new base..let me know if ya need help ..xda has them on a few threads ..

N3 tapa

newbroot83

Reaction score
I rooted my Note 2 with Casual while back and also have TWRP on it. Is there a CASUAL for the 4.3 update or how can I revert back to install it?

You would have to flash stock 4.1.2 to upgrade. If there is a custom recovery it causes issue (or so im told).

I ended up on stock cause I soft bricked my phone and had to re flash the stock image. I had no way to reroot at the time so....

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

newbroot83

Reaction score
You would have to flash stock 4.1.2 to upgrade. If there is a custom recovery it causes issue (or so im told). You can odin back to stock 4.1.2 anytime as long as you are on 4.1.2

I ended up on stock cause I soft bricked my phone and had to re flash the stock image. I had no way to reroot at the time so....