4.3 battery issues

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by Fault, Jul 3, 2010.

1. Coolsaber57

Coolsaber57 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, I'm seeing pretty bad battery life as well. I thought it was just because I was flashing a lot of roms/recoveries, but it's still much worse than it was on 4.0.

2. ecfiffer

ecfiffer Member

Ratings:
    +0
    For what its worth I installed jucie defender and let it configure its self and set setcpu to 250 max min when the screen is off. That was last night at 8ish and I was at a full charge. I'm at 70 percent left with minimal use... I don't know if juice or setcpu did more but ill take it

3. Fault

Fault Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Also the battery seems to be running hotter than normal. Possibly overheating??

4. THAWARRIOR10

THAWARRIOR10 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    my battery was running REALY hot when i was charging it using my car charger. so hot i think it warped my plastic case a little bit....my battery life has been tanking REALLY bad to as well......

5. jsnietka

jsnietka New Member

Ratings:
    +0

I was getting very poor battery life as well. I switched to to one of Chevy's Older kernel's and my battery life has improved. I think it may have to do with the new kernel.

6. joshk

joshk Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Did any of you guys wipe before coming to Chevy's first froyo source ROM?? I had this problem before with one of the 3.x ROMs and when I wiped and flashed the ROM fresh the battery life improved greatly. Im having much better battery life with 4.3 then 4.2, running the exact same kernel and settings from 4.2 to 4.3. Id suggest wiping a few times and try again, willing to bet it will improve.

JOSH

7. JBPruitt

JBPruitt Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Juice Defender works really well... but I tend to think it was a combination of both... if you get a change read through the advanced settings in the overclocking 101 thread...

Here's the link: overclovking 101

Messing around with these settings helps a ton... just have to find what works with your phone.

8. Fault

Fault Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Switched to low voltage kernel, using.juice defender working better noe

Sent from my 'Simply Stunning' Droid using Tapatalk

9. jomama22

jomama22 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    my batter has been so-so with 4.3, once i finaly updated my setcpu apk (was on 1.4.3 and now its 2.00c, way behind!) and put juice defender on, my battery has doubled.

I also noticed chevy's new kernels to be a bit faster and less battery consuming.

10. ecfiffer

ecfiffer Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks I'll. Look at that tread later tonight,. Fault glad to hear you are workin better

11. Fault

Fault Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Its better but still worse than it was before. Been busy today so haven't been able to play with it much. It went from a ten in terms of sucking.to a seven. I want it at zero.

Sent from my 'Simply Stunning' Droid using Tapatalk

12. NattyBee

NattyBee Member

Ratings:
    +0
    hmm, these may sound like some stupid questions, but do you use task killers? and Have you deleted Amazon MP3 and Visual VoiceMail?

the reason I ask is, alot of apps like to auto-run, which will slow you down, but if you're overclocking alot you might not notice the speed decrease--BUT they'll also kill your battery... Amazon MP3 and VVM are definitely guilty of this (on my phone at least)... and thankfully Chevy has given us an easy script to delete these...

I use Xscope as my web browser, but awesomely enough, it's got a task killer included, which is nice even if I don't use it to kill tasks, I can see what's running and sucking me down....

I tried using Juice Defender, but it killed my 3G, even while I was using the phone, and even when JD said it was running- it was not...I had to reboot to get my 3G back...

anyway, that thought just occurred to me, as I re-installed 4.3 last night and forgot to delete Amazon MP3 and VVM until this evening (they really do hurt battery life, and I have no idea why they run when I NEVER USE THEM!)

Well, I hope you can find a solution to your problem! :)

Search tags for this page
motorola droid 4 battery issues

why does my droid mini battery die so fast? here's the droid