1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

4.3 battery issues

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by Fault, Jul 3, 2010.

1. Fault

Fault New Member

I am finding my battery going down a lot faster gthan 4.2. Using the same p3 kernel, 1.2ghz. Any ideas?

Sent from my 'Simply Stunning' Droid using Tapatalk
  2. godfish

godfish New Member

I'm seeing the same thing, I'm watching it with Juice Plot and last night my batter went for 100 to 20 in 3 hours?? I'm not using anything but the rom 4.3 SS No Kernal other what is in the rom.:icon_eek:
  3. Fault

Fault New Member

Any help chevy?

4. JBPruitt

JBPruitt New Member

I would say it has to be something stealing all of your resources...

I'm getting much better battery life on 4.3...

I have changed a few things though...

I properly set up setcpu's advanced settings (found which ones worked the best with my phone)
    I uninstalled automatic task killer
    Installed juice defender (which turns off wifi, 3G, and GPS when you're not using it)

I would suggest playing with things... because from last week my battery life almost doubled...
  5. PsychoSimatic

PsychoSimatic New Member

My battery life initially tanked when i went to 4.3, but if ya config the setcpu for saving power (ie ondemand and when idle ya use like 250/250) it seems much better though i did buy a second battery / battery charging cradle to help out.
  6. CypherAZ

CypherAZ New Member

I have seen my battery life tank with 4.3 as well, going to flash back to 4.2 for now. Can't afford to have my battery die in 5 hours.
  7. NattyBee

NattyBee New Member

Guys, I gotta say, I have had no issues with battery life...BUT immediately after updating to 4.3, I applied Chevy's updated 1.25Ghz ULowV kernel...have you tried that? and given the general speed of Simply Stunning, I keep SetCPU at Min:250mhz Max:550mhz...this is generally plenty speedy enough for most of what I do...

Last night I ran Slacker for about 4 hours, battery was at 80 or 90% when I turned on Slacker, and when I turned it off, I still had 40% battery...

I'm not trying to rub it in your face that I haven't had this problem, just giving example of what I did that seems to be working...though I have been having my own issues, but only since applying the patch...
  8. PsychoSimatic

PsychoSimatic New Member

Though you aren't overclocking at all, generally I'm doing 900/55p then when I hit 50% 700/400 then at 25% 550/250 and for idle/screen off 400/250
  9. ecfiffer

ecfiffer New Member

See I too have been dealing with battery issues. BUT. I think I have a junkie battery. I can't say its been better or wosre with 4.3 scine I installed it. I was at a beach house and had to use wifi for data I had no 1x or 3g there at all. I will give juice defender a try and tinker with setcpu though. I have the 1.25g ulv kernel and usually that works for me set at 1g max min. Honestly I think it might be your phone. Typical IT trouble shooting here start with hardware then move to software...
  10. NattyBee

NattyBee New Member

You are correct...but I am using the same settings I have used since I began using Simply Stunning (which was 4.1)...so at least I have a comparison point that my battery life hasn't gotten any worse and I'm still using the same SetCPU settings...

anyhow, I hope you find a solution! :)
  11. Fault

Fault New Member

Yea its absolutely tanking for me. I'm using the same kernel and setcpu settings as before, but its been dropping fast. Every five min on internet has been like ten percent of my battery

12. godfish

godfish New Member

I charged my phone to full at 2pm my time, and went for a walk took some pics and stuff and got home at 3:30pm and my battery is 40% so it droped 60% In 1.5 hours. OUCH! hmm. anyone have some settings I could try in setcpu?
  13. Coolsaber57

Coolsaber57 New Member

Yeah, I'm seeing pretty bad battery life as well. I thought it was just because I was flashing a lot of roms/recoveries, but it's still much worse than it was on 4.0.
  14. ecfiffer

ecfiffer New Member

For what its worth I installed jucie defender and let it configure its self and set setcpu to 250 max min when the screen is off. That was last night at 8ish and I was at a full charge. I'm at 70 percent left with minimal use... I don't know if juice or setcpu did more but ill take it
  15. Fault

Fault New Member

Also the battery seems to be running hotter than normal. Possibly overheating??
  16. THAWARRIOR10

THAWARRIOR10 New Member

my battery was running REALY hot when i was charging it using my car charger. so hot i think it warped my plastic case a little bit....my battery life has been tanking REALLY bad to as well......
  17. jsnietka

jsnietka New Member

I was getting very poor battery life as well. I switched to to one of Chevy's Older kernel's and my battery life has improved. I think it may have to do with the new kernel.
  18. joshk

joshk New Member

Did any of you guys wipe before coming to Chevy's first froyo source ROM?? I had this problem before with one of the 3.x ROMs and when I wiped and flashed the ROM fresh the battery life improved greatly. Im having much better battery life with 4.3 then 4.2, running the exact same kernel and settings from 4.2 to 4.3. Id suggest wiping a few times and try again, willing to bet it will improve.

JOSH
  19. JBPruitt

JBPruitt New Member

Juice Defender works really well... but I tend to think it was a combination of both... if you get a change read through the advanced settings in the overclocking 101 thread...

Here's the link: overclovking 101

Messing around with these settings helps a ton... just have to find what works with your phone.
  20. Fault

Fault New Member

Switched to low voltage kernel, using.juice defender working better noe

Search tags for this page
motorola droid 4 battery issues

why does my droid mini battery die so fast? here's the droid