bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Hopefully May.. 4.2.2 rocks on this phone! VZW is always deliberate with testing phases..

Noted2x..

blowabs

Reaction score
I hope FoxFI48 still works on the gn2 after the upgrade....:blink:

OP
J

jgmecarter

Reaction score
Hopefully May.. 4.2.2 rocks on this phone! VZW is always deliberate with testing phases..

Noted?dcdd2x..

It won't be in may. At least for us on Verizon. I would say July or August at the earliest we see it on Verizon. They will want to push all the S4 features so they can sell all the S4's they can

Batman8

Reaction score

Noted2x..

Are you running 4.2.2 from a custom rom (considering that 4.1.2 isn't even "officially" out yet for the Note 2)? Also, what new features does it offer?

OP
J

jgmecarter

Reaction score
Are you running 4.2.2 from a custom rom (considering that 4.1.2 isn't even "officially" out yet for the Note 2)? Also, what new features does it offer?

It is going to get a lot of the features that the S4 has. Search for the galaxy S4 on YouTube and watch some videos to see the options it comes with. As far as custom roms. I do not think that there are any out with the S4 features right now. The 4.2.2 roms right now come from what is on the nexus devices. Give it another month and I am sure there will be a lot of good ones out there

Batman8

Reaction score
It is going to get a lot of the features that the S4 has. Search for the galaxy S4 on YouTube and watch some videos to see the options it comes with. As far as custom roms. I do not think that there are any out with the S4 features right now. The 4.2.2 roms right now come from what is on the nexus devices. Give it another month and I am sure there will be a lot of good ones out there

I watched a few of the S4 reviews, and although interesting, I didn't see much that got me excited considering my GS3 and Note 2 are still great. Thanks for the info.

OP
J

jgmecarter

Reaction score
I watched a few of the S4 reviews, and although interesting, I didn't see much that got me excited considering my GS3 and Note 2 are still great. Thanks for the info.

The S4 is a great phone but it is not a huge upgrade for the people that have a note 2. The biggest upgrade to the S4 compared to the note2 would be the the 13 mp camera. The hardware is better as well but it is not a huge jump for us. I am looking forward to what the note3 will be like.

Batman8

Reaction score
Me too!!! I'm really interested to see what Samsung comes up with for the Note 3.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+

http://www.android.com/about/jelly-bean/

Yes I'm running custom... Carbon ROM.. it's customized to the tilt.. Pac man ROM as well.. Both are great bc I can run tablet mode..

4.2.2 will have different file structure for stock phones.. It is intended for multiple users.. It will allow you to place widgets on the lock screen.. You swipe left you can add more widgets.. Swipe right to the camera... Toggles will be replaced by tiles...I'm not sure how Samsung will incorporate it into N2 so might be a slight variant.. Also the custom ROMS let you add tiles.. I'm sure stock won't..

Here's an example.. Just don't mind it from the bottom bc I'm running tablet mode.. It will come from the top though..
gu4are9a.jpg
py3uvunu.jpg

Here's a sample.. I have HD widget on my lockscreen..
u7evysaj.jpg

Noted2x..

Last edited:

blowabs

Reaction score
Android - Android 4.2, Jelly Bean

Yes I'm running custom... Carbon ROM.. it's customized to the tilt.. Pac man ROM as well.. Both are great bc I can run tablet mode..

4.2.2 will have different file structure for stock phones.. It is intended for multiple users.. It will allow you to place widgets on the lock screen.. You swipe left you can add more widgets.. Swipe right to the camera... Toggles will be replaced by tiles...I'm not sure how Samsung will incorporate it into N2 so might be a slight variant.. Also the custom ROMS let you add tiles.. I'm sure stock won't..

Here's an example.. Just don't mind it from the bottom bc I'm running tablet mode.. It will come from the top though..
gu4are9a.jpg
py3uvunu.jpg

u7evysaj.jpg

Noted2x..

Wow!...btw where are you in the BK ..BKDODGER(i finally figured out your username)...I'm in Kensington....

blowabs

Reaction score
Android - Android 4.2, Jelly Bean

gu4are9a.jpg
py3uvunu.jpg

u7evysaj.jpg

Noted2x..

Wow!...nice...btw where are you in the BK ..BKDODGER(i finally figured out your username)...I'm in Kensington....

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Wow!...nice...btw where are you in the BK ..BKDODGER(i finally figured out your username)...I'm in Kensington....

Nice! Fellow Brooklyn peep!
Thanks... Yup BK all the way.. Haha.. I'm in Dyker Heights area.. BK=brooklyn Dodgers =dad was a huge baseball fan.. :D

Noted2x..

blowabs

Reaction score
I golf at Dyker Beach GC all the time. My father too was a huge Dodger fan.
...that screenshot will be available with the JB update???