4.2.2 For the Verizon GNEX today, Finally! Is it too good to be true?

StevieJ

Reaction score
I got it this morning. How can I disable the vibrating email notifications? I definitely don't want it going off every time I receive an email.

shaynesgnex

Reaction score
Got mine last night, just updated a little while ago. So far so good, but I have noticed a difference in the signal bars. Used to show 3-4....now 1-2.

OP
P

pdufrene

Reaction score
It may be coincidence, but immediately after the upgrade, I have had a very unstable data connection. Pandora can't stream without skipping, YouTube will not load any videos, and the browsers response is awful. I wish that I could go back :(

shaynesgnex

Reaction score
What I've noticed with the data connection here (rocky mount, nc)....there are areas where I have less 4G bars than before the update but it seems to me a much more stable connection. Haven't dropped to 3G once since the update yesterday.

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
I'm starting to notice the voice signal being less than before. So much for the better radios. I was just on a call with a friend; we've talked before from the same locations and never had an issue...but throughout she kept saying that I was breaking up, so I look at my phone and it would have no bars. Before, I would have at least 3 bars in the exact same location. What the heck.

Last edited:

DesktopDevin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
At the risk of sounding repetitive..:icon_ repost: The radios in the nexus and samsung phones in general are junk , no software update will ever fix it.:r_c:

shaynesgnex

Reaction score
Glad to see we have a nexus/Samsung manufacturer in the house :rolls eyes:

comk4ver

Reaction score
I was reading over on DROID life that while everyone noticed the supposed drop in bars/signal but all that changed was how the signal was displayed you need to read the dbm output when a side by side comparison was done it was the same signal strength but it was displayed differently on both phones. Just saying.