4.2.2 For the Verizon GNEX today, Finally! Is it too good to be true?

acalla4

Reaction score
So I flashed back to stock unrooted, and locked my phone up, then tried to see if the Verizon update was worth it over the Carbon ROM...yeah, nothing happening. Didn't update, and I don't want the bloatware. Anyone see why going with the official Verizon update is worth it? I do t feel like it would be, but maybe I'm missing something.

shaynesgnex

Reaction score
So I flashed back to stock unrooted, and locked my phone up, then tried to see if the Verizon update was worth it over the Carbon ROM...yeah, nothing happening. Didn't update, and I don't want the bloatware. Anyone see why going with the official Verizon update is worth it? I do t feel like it would be, but maybe I'm missing something.

What bloatware? There's none on this phone.

shaynesgnex

Reaction score
Gotcha. I personally use the vz service apps so guess I never consider them bloat since I'd probably d/l them anyway.

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
Just got my update earlier this evening. I like it so far...the widgets on the lock screen...the dashboard in the notification pulldown...etc.

GuiltyBreak

Reaction score
Nothing yet for me so far trying the clearing framework services only messed up my Playstore, Location, google now settings. Had to apply and agree to all settings again.

shaynesgnex

Reaction score
How's the battery drain issue so far. Everyone and their brethren seem to have an issue since updating.

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
Nothing yet for me so far trying the clearing framework services only messed up my Playstore, Location, google now settings. Had to apply and agree to all settings again.

Yes, it will definitely do that. Not really a big deal personally...but certainly a bit of a nuisance. Ah well.

As for the battery drain...I'd bet what people fail to realize is that they're probably playing with the phone a lot more initially after getting the update. I know I easily killed half my battery in a significantly less amount of time than usual...I was messing around with the phone, trying all the new features out. So that'll put the drain on it a bit more...

Reaction score
Finally got it in VA this morning. (3-26) Trying to figure out how to actually USE the new features. Thanks for no instructions Google. SMH.

GuiltyBreak

Reaction score
Got my update this morning finally. I read on the Verizon forums yesterday about battery issues. my phone has been off charger for 3 hours and with installing the update and listening to music on my commute.I have 73% left. Not bad at all from my experience.

Al Neri

Reaction score
Just got my update this morning. The camera is sweet! Maybe I am just pumped because it is so different from everything else.