4.2.2 For the Verizon GNEX today, Finally! Is it too good to be true?

uhm781

Reaction score
im confused on this update tho i thought 4.2.2 used emojis and i saw it under message settings for my uncle who has this with a rom so im guess no emoji support with out a rom? even tho we can download the emoji dictionary

sr.torres22

Reaction score
I'm unlocked and rooted but haven't flashed any ROM is it possible for Me to get the ota? or would I have to relock ? sorry if this is noobish lol

EDIT: ive pussed out and put it back to stock and locked it again since i was getting no where with roms lol will have a better understanding when my uncle who knows what hes doing is here, until them time to attempt to force the update like the others, anyone know if this works?

I was able to keep root using Voodoo rootkeeper. Just made a SU backup, temp unrooted, installed OTA and installed SU backup from Voodoo and it worked.

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
A coworker just got his 4.2.2 OTA this morning.

mattjenn

Reaction score
Mine is updating now. In last week my wife's RAZR my droid 4 and now my nexus all updated. VZW is going crazy on updates all of a sudden

Tas

Reaction score
Downloaing update now. Forced it with the framework thing.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Mine is updating now. In last week my wife's RAZR my droid 4 and now my nexus all updated. VZW is going crazy on updates all of a sudden
At least they're finally doing something about being active with updates:D

mattjenn

Reaction score
I had to forcestop and clear data on framework like 4 times before it pulled