4.2.1 ROM question.

clueless77

Reaction score
Okay, so I go my S3, got the JB update before I ever left the store. Got recovery, root, unlocked boot loader. Flashed CM10 stable, AOKP milestone 1 like them both. Played with some 4.2.1 previews and the next morning I had data but couldn't send SMS or make a call. Did the normal things, data wipes, cache wipes, so on. Even flashed factory image via Odin. All to no avail. Got everything back stock, cleared root counter. All having data but no SMS or calling ability. Ended up getting a new phone after test were done, sim card replaced yada yada. Then I read last night about 4.2.1 ROMs crashing the radio and breaking SMS and phone. My question is, is there any validity to this and if so is there a way to fix it.

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Yes there is... Usually it kills the IMEI and that is why you lose text and calls... The SIM registers on the network for data but the phone doesn't for calls.... There are a few work arounds... There are also simpler cases where people simply lost their number in the messaging app and putting that back fixed the issues.... It's really not just related to 4.2 either it is pretty much a AOSP thing.... I know a lot of guys who have lost it with M1

OP
clueless77

clueless77

Reaction score
Just read a post that CM 10.1 is breaking them and that was what I flashed. Also said the site was closed for the download. What are the work arounds and CM 10.0, AOKP milestone seem to be fine