4.1 Jelly Bean Rolling out to Select Motorola Droid RAZR HD/Maxx HD Users Today

4shlr

Reaction score
I got impatient too so I installed it manually & don't regret it. Took about 15 minutes tops, very easy (I'm not rooted btw) I just followed the instructions from the above link

One thing though, when I booted into stock recovery and chose "recovery" it sat on a screen showing the android icon with a hatch open and a red triangle with "!" on it...was worried for a couple minutes then when I hit one of the volume buttons it took me to the recovery screen. BIG sigh of relief when I saw that. Just a heads up

The 17th?!?!? That's ridiculas! I may have to download and install it manually. I can't believe it's taking this long. With my Droid X I don't think I ever waited more than a day or two. Why on earth are they only releasing to 10% a day? Did they really sell that many of these? Ugggg...at least it's on the way.

Btw...I tried "forcing" the update by deleting the Google Services Framework data and stopping the service like 20 times. I tried a reboot or two in there as well. It didn't make any difference:(

bohemouth

Reaction score
Nope...I didn't get it either. My phone says my phone is up to date, and it still says 4.0

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nope...I didn't get it either. My phone says my phone is up to date, and it still says 4.0

If you weren't invited to the Soak Test (you would have gotten emails and surveys for it) than you won't get it via OTA until they are ready to push it out to the mass public.

hotice

Reaction score
If you weren't invited to the Soak Test (you would have gotten emails and surveys for it) than you won't get it via OTA until they are ready to push it out to the mass public.
This week is the general release...we're past the soak test. And proof of that is I finally got my update this morning! I'm loving Jelly Bean! The new notifications are awesome and useful. Google Now actually seems useful as well! The UI is definitely smoother sliding between pages and things. I actually haven't tried many apps yet. I am already very impressed though.

hotice

Reaction score
Sorry, I see the confusion I caused. What I meant was when those 3 buttons were pressed they lit up blue, they weren't blue all the time they were the off white. But when they were pressed a blue circle engulfed them. Now when they're pressed its a lighter grey.

Speaking of the battery icon, anyone know of a mod to change it to percentage??

I would agree with the other posters that JB is much smoother, going from app to app is very smooth with no lag. The only thing I've noticed on mine is when I go back to Home screen the circles widget takes a second to show up properly. Not a big deal but didn't notice it as much on ICS. Anyone else with similar results?
Ok, I see what you mean about the button press color. To me it's more annoying that I can trade the texting app for something else (easily) on my lock screen. I'm happy though just to have easy access to the camera and dialer. I do with the contacts was integrated with the dialer like it was on my Droid X. All we need is a 4th tab up there. It worked great on the Droid X. I'm totally loving JB so far though. Great upgrade!

hotice

Reaction score
Speaking of the battery icon, anyone know of a mod to change it to percentage??

I would agree with the other posters that JB is much smoother, going from app to app is very smooth with no lag. The only thing I've noticed on mine is when I go back to Home screen the circles widget takes a second to show up properly. Not a big deal but didn't notice it as much on ICS. Anyone else with similar results?
Forgot to reply to the rest...I'd love to have a percentage too though actually with the battery life of the Maxx HD I guess I don't care quite as much. I'm still getting used to not charging every night:)

As far as widgets reloading it did that before too. My guess is you just don't have many widgets and didn't notice before. I use a number of widgets and did notice. I don't mind since they load in a second or so. You probably notice now because there's some additional overhead with the higher framerate, Google Now, or rich notifications...just a guess.

hotice

Reaction score
I ran into one problem. After updating to Jelly Bean I couldn't run the Amazon AppStore. It would close every time I tried to open it. I tried re-installing over top but that didn't work. I uninstalled it and reinstalled it and that worked.

One odd thing...It shows I have Angry Birds Seasons but it says it was not installed from the Amazon AppStore. Strange but it doesn't really matter I guess I may need to uninstall it and reinstall it to get more Seasons updates. I did try running it and it works.

Reaction score
I ran into one problem. After updating to Jelly Bean I couldn't run the Amazon AppStore. It would close every time I tried to open it. I tried re-installing over top but that didn't work. I uninstalled it and reinstalled it and that worked.

One odd thing...It shows I have Angry Birds Seasons but it says it was not installed from the Amazon AppStore. Strange but it doesn't really matter I guess I may need to uninstall it and reinstall it to get more Seasons updates. I did try running it and it works.

Same thing happened to me. I went to the app settings and cleared the data and it worked fine for me.

hotice

Reaction score
Same thing happened to me. I went to the app settings and cleared the data and it worked fine for me.
That does work too. Unfortunately the way I know that is I can only launch the Amazon AppStore one time it seems before it crashes the next time I try to launch it. Then I either need to clear data or reinstall the appstore.
I think we need a fix from Amazon.