4.0 on the Droid?

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by Art Vandelay, Oct 18, 2011.

1. skruid

skruid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't think it will take as long build ics for droid, because the devs have experience now from porting gb to the droid, but I could be wrong, I hope not though would like to see this monster soon

Sent from my VTAB1008 using DroidForums

2. mr_silent

mr_silent Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Here's what I got from J.B. Queru. Its a lot more than gingerbread was and more intensive builds. All we can do is pray for now and hope for the best.
    -6GB of download. -25GB disk space to do a single build. -80GB disk space to build all AOSP configs at the same time. -16GB RAM recommended, more preferred, anything less will measurably benefit from using an SSD. -5+ hours of CPU time for a single build, 25+ minutes of wall time, as measured on my workstation (dual-E5620 i.e. 2x quad-core 2.4GHz HT, with 24GB of RAM, no SSD),

P.S. I don't think Google, Motorola, and VZW were too concerned about the Droid. The Droid users still represent a significant portion of android owners and they want us to upgrade and spend money again. Were a group that's ripe for picking.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

3. illmatic636

illmatic636 Active Member

Ratings:
    +2
    It sure feels like it!

4. 666ogre666

666ogre666 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    You can run Honeycomb for the OG if you really want to but its not very good and obviously not made for phones and beyond the fact that there is no phone app (or messaging) it was never on AOSP so theres really no way to make a good build.