4.0.4 update zip!

x25064

Reaction score
Yea this is what I installed to go from 4.0.2 stock to 4.0.4 stock. This works perfectly. Everything retained except certain system folder file tweaks. No need to revert radios, bootloader or kernel. Just flash IMM30B update from BlackHat and your good to go... root retained.

The update zip listed in this thread OP is a pain in the backside since it does all kinds of checks and refuses to install if it finds anything it doesn't like such as SystemUI.APK tweaks or even if MyVerizonBackup APK is missing which I deleted a while ago. :D

Before I flashed this update... as a precaution I 'Reset Google Wallet' in Google Wallet settings and then after the update I simply reactivated Google Wallet using same pin and added back the prepaid card which shows the same $ amount remaining as before the GW reset.

And my Google Wallet is now updating from the market, not showing any warnings such as carrier not supported. What I did was do a force attach to market the GW application and in roughly 24 hours it showed up and updated. Now showing like any other market app installed on my phone. :)

Two things:

-It keeps your kernel when you flash? I have never heard of this before with a rom.

-concerning Google wallet, if I have a titanium backup of it, should I restore just the app and no data?

Also: flashed the new radios and I notice no difference in my house, still no 4g and lower than normal 3g connectivity like before. Going to test it out in the wild as I brave the supermarket today.

captdroid

Reaction score
Two things:

-It keeps your kernel when you flash? I have never heard of this before with a rom.

-concerning Google wallet, if I have a titanium backup of it, should I restore just the app and no data?

Also: flashed the new radios and I notice no difference in my house, still no 4g and lower than normal 3g connectivity like before. Going to test it out in the wild as I brave the supermarket today.

Flashing the BlackHat stock 4.0.4 update actually installs a P3Droid kernel... but I don't care since I run one of Faux kernels anyway.

You should not restore a titanium backup of Google Wallet/and data. Do the Google Wallet reset and then reactivate after flashing the update. That is what I did and it worked fine.

I don't see any major difference with signal. Seems to work ok. Will have to see how it goes when out and about.

x25064

Reaction score
I'm not familiar with "Google wallet reset" protocol, what exactly does this process entail?

Also the Google wallet I have now is from a tibu backup, I haven't used it but I also don't have the original either.

captdroid

Reaction score

SniperDroid

Reaction score
Does anyone have a zip of the 4.0.4 radios alone? I'd like to run them on my 4.0.3 rom, and see if they improve reception here in the Cleveland area...?

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Does anyone have a zip of the 4.0.4 radios alone? I'd like to run them on my 4.0.3 rom, and see if they improve reception here in the Cleveland area...?

The Team Black Hat application has the radios.

jerroedr

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been asked. but from reading this it seems that if you are stock rooted you can now have a stock rooted 4.0.4 without resetting everything and having to re-root/re-unlock?

???

Reaction score
I did it.. not really impressed with anything.. seems to switch between 3g and 4g more often in my house and I can't get gtalk to work for anything.

I might just flash back.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
this update fixed the android os battery drain that everyone has been complaining about. it used to keep my phone awake for hours during the day and use up most of the battery, now its under 10 minutes for whole day and only used 3% of battery.

tacticalfats

Reaction score
this update fixed the android os battery drain that everyone has been complaining about. it used to keep my phone awake for hours during the day and use up most of the battery, now its under 10 minutes for whole day and only used 3% of battery.

How was battery life overall?

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
Not too bad
a6f96691-4b29-84c9.jpg

cleevis

Reaction score
Im in the same boat. However, unlock/root is new to me. Wugs looks pretty straight forward. Need to do my laundry, eat some chinese, take a shower and keep mulling this over. Trying on my incredible and my gfs didn't work out. I never got superuser access, she lost much of her apps.

nadav64

Reaction score
guys don't forget that this update isn't official yet and any problem that you may have Google is still trying to fix.

Be patient and wait !

Riley

Reaction score
I installed Black Hats ROM of it and so far so good. The signal strength isn't any different looking than the 4.0.3 ROM I was on....but hand offs seem better. My commute to work this AM will tell me a lot as two spots used to go no signal because of bad hand offs.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus