bsmith0731

Reaction score
Would this update for those of us who are stock please come out already.

Not the patient type but I have been waiting patiently for this update.

Can we get a word on a date or something. My reception issues can be nerve wrexking. At times.

Its going on a month here since this phone was released. Smh.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Art Vandelay

Reaction score
Would this update for those of us who are stock please come out already.

Not the patient type but I have been waiting patiently for this update.

Can we get a word on a date or something. My reception issues can be nerve wrexking. At times.

Its going on a month here since this phone was released. Smh.

Not sure you will see much difference as far as reception goes. Most have reported that the new radios only seem to help stay locked on to a signal and makes 4g to 3g locking faster. Radios don't do anything to increase strength.

You may want to just call Verizon and see about getting a new phone, some have reported that they have bad radios and a replacement fixed their issues.

Or root and install the new radios on your own. Very simple root tool kit out right now that makes it a snap to do if you are at all nervous about messing something up.

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
+1 waiting for big red to fix things for you will lead to more and more disappointments... i think many of us here have learned it the hard way..

scdown

Reaction score
I got off the Bionic bandwagon not because I thought another phone would be perfect (look at the forums, there is none), but because Verizon and Moto have a marriage made in hell when it comes to updates. Moto had the first OTA fixes baked in October, a month after release, but it wasn't released until December, and had little to offer people who applied leaked updates because of the locked bootloader situation.

I strongly believe that, while my Nexus isn't perfect, I'll get better treatment from Google.

WookieClaws

Reaction score
I read on here that an update is set for somewhere around the 3rd week of January that will address battery issues and a couple other things (I think the radios too). There's another one scheduled in March too to address more things.

It was in the thread about things Verizon won't take a GNex back for. btw.

WookieClaws

Reaction score
I strongly believe that, while my Nexus isn't perfect, I'll get better treatment from Google.

+1 Exactly, that's why I got this phone too. So far I'm pretty happy with it, just have chargers everywhere now.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
The update should be out sometime this month from what I read. If you managed to wait for the phone an update shouldn't be too bad right? :)

Then again I'm not having signal issues....

scdown

Reaction score
+1 I hope I didn't make a mistake with this phone.

I really don't think you made a mistake. Like I say, there is no such thing as a perfect smartphone, and on an immature 4G network with relatively young phone chipsets, problems will be bound to crop up all over the place.

My personal belief is that we'll get an official update sooner rather than later, because of Google's involvement and commitment to the flagship of the platform.

However, if this works out not to be the case, the nature of the device itself gives you far more flexibility in seeking out your own solutions than all the other flawed devices out there.

I guess we'll find out who's really driving the update - fast would imply Google, slow would be Verizon's standard plodding release.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yeah waiting for vzw to push out updates...you will be waiting for ever. When I was on the tbolt and we were having all those issues, the devs had it fixed asap and vzw kept taking their sweet time. Part of it is testing to make sure its right. This is why I root so that I do not have to wait on vzw and the oems.

Willyammer

Reaction score
I'm getting an update right now - actually, I'm wondering if something is wrong. I was on a bus heading back to NYC from NJ and swapped out my battery just before heading into one of the tunnels. Got this strange screen with "Start" at the top, the green droid and "Downloading... Do not turn off target!!" It took me a sec to realize that I was getting an update (I'd been catching some Zzz's just b4). Problem is, it started about half an hour ago and it's still going... :mad: