4.0.3 ...where?

x25064

Reaction score
Soo the 15th has come and gone, and before I rooted this phone I swore I would exchange it if 4.0.3 hadn't been released. Now that I'm running axiom I have no reason to exchange this phone, as its flawless, but I am still wondering what the hell happened with the official OTA?

Did I miss something because I can't get OTAs? I checked Google and there was no big announcement for it. If its not out, what's the hold up and is there a tentative release date?

tacticalfats

Reaction score
I'm using an iPhone 4 until Google makes this phone serviceable by my standards. How do you think I feel???

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

ænyoc

Reaction score
Why wait? Unlock/root/load Axi0m

Sent from my GalaxyNexus using DroidForums

Caligula2008

Reaction score
Its a Nexus... it got 4.03 a long time ago :)

Now if your talking about the Verizon approved 4.03... good luck lol do you remember launch.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

OP
x25064

x25064

Reaction score
Its a Nexus... it got 4.03 a long time ago :)

Now if your talking about the Verizon approved 4.03... good luck lol do you remember launch.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

That's kind of disappointing because I got this phone for its first-in-line support from google, not to wait around for upgrades.

The reason I ask is because I wonder what hope will change specifically for the galaxy nexus in the update. Correct me if I am wrong but most of the 4.0.3 roms run off the version for the nexus s, no? So the 4.0.3 that will be pushed out to the nexus may have specific tweaks for this phone?

chewy74

Reaction score
better look for another Rom for those on axiom since its now defunct. Stinks because I wanted to try it

DHO

Reaction score
better look for another Rom for those on axiom since its now defunct. Stinks because I wanted to try it

Why not try it? It's still the smoothest ROM out there. There's links all over the forums,... in fact there's one in my sig; click axoim.

catfisher

Reaction score
Axiom...R.I.P.

Try Codename Android. After Axiom crashed, that's what I went to. So far, so good.

Whoever said this, you are correct...Its a Nexus, it has 4.0.3 already. Just unlock, root, and ROM. All will be well then.

OP
x25064

x25064

Reaction score

Try it anyway, its still better then current supported roms.

OP
x25064

x25064

Reaction score
Axiom...R.I.P.

Try Codename Android. After Axiom crashed, that's what I went to. So far, so good.

Whoever said this, you are correct...Its a Nexus, it has 4.0.3 already. Just unlock, root, and ROM. All will be well then.

Read the OP

kmo

Reaction score
At some point soon the devs will catch up to ICS and we will have more options to choose from as far as roms go. For me the real reason for getting the Galaxy Nexus is that this phone is Google's 3rd gen flagship device and isn't going any where. You won't have a phone that in 6 months to a year is obsolete, discontinued, or not getting updates. The ease of unlocking and rooting is the real appeal for a lot of us GN users. What's the point of a phone like this if not to unlock and root? (at least IMO) Development will continue and everything coming out next will be based off this platform. This is the new benchmark to hit. It will only get better with time. As far as all the complaints regarding the GN, I think most are expecting 100% perfection in a device, doesn't exist. It's like chasing your tail. There is no perfect device, they all have something that isn't "right." I'm glad for once I own a phone I know will still be here 2 years from now and will still be a powerhouse in leading the standard for future Android development. Lastly, it's still just a phone. Take it with a grain of salt.....