3rd Party Car Dock

FoFa

Reaction score
Have you seen this one?

Sounds interesting.
So I was wondering, do you think the Motorola Droid could do navigation, while playing MP3's through your radio, and still take and make phone calls?

Might be asking a lot of the Droid, but was wondering.

Wonder if you can modify it to put a magnet to force navigation mode?

dchicks

Reaction score
I'm really curious if anyone has tried one of these out. I had something similar for my iPhone. I found it difficult to get it to stay put. The weight of the phone, alone, caused it to slip around in the cigarette lighter outlet. I love the idea of cutting down on cables by combining the holder, charger, and FM transmitter, but I'm concerned about how well it will work. Anyone had any experience with this unit?

Dave

adam8ch

Reaction score
i play mp3s on my droid while running navigation and it you can still make and receive calls fine.

i purchased this: Amazon.com: Bracketron IPM-202BL Docking Cradle Mount for iPod and iPhone (Black): Electronics

and have my droid mounted to my AC vent when i'm driving. i just use a standard cassette adapter and usb charger. I used to use an FM transmitter with my ipod, and I think the sound quality is awful. Not to mention you have to change the channel sometimes if you're on a roadtrip.

Edit: I also don't like the car mode very much, so I just setup a car specific home screen. Music player, shortcut to playall, maps, voice search, music widget, last.fm widget, Where widget

Last edited: