.3gp video?

searayman

Reaction score
My droid x records video in .3gp file format. Unfortunetley my phone and computer can not play this....

any ideas?

slowstang

Reaction score
A codec pack should enable your computer to play these files. I can play them fine with only the k-lite mega codec pack. I'm not so sure about your phone.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
if its recorded on the phone then it should be able to play it lol

OP
S

searayman

Reaction score
yea they dont play on my phone, and i am going to be seriously upset if the video i just took doesnt work!!

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
yea they dont play on my phone, and i am going to be seriously upset if the video i just took doesnt work!!

Are you using the stock video player? The ones I took work fine when trying to play them

Sent from my DROIDX

BodyBagz

Reaction score
.3gp file formatted videos can be played back quite simply with Apple Quicktime or VLC media player....

jdawgnoonan

Reaction score
Droid X Camera

This is one of my pet peeves about my Droid X. The Camera ranges from great to absolute crap. In perfect lighting the camera is awesome. In any lighting other than perfect lighting the camera is crap.

The camera/videocam software: Crap. I would venture to say that videos on my first and second Droid X have roughly a 1 in 10 chance of being playable. I shot a video of my best friend spontaneously (no planning...that is why I used my phone) proposing to his fiancée, unfortunately for some unknown reason my Droid X botched that video.

Android has a lot of potential and a lot of momentum....but it also has a long way to go to catch the iPhone for quality and reliability. I moved to this phone after having iPhone 1, iPhone 3G, and iPhone 3GS. My iPhone was just reliable and all software functioned exactly as it should have.

I dig Android, but it has a long ways to go to live up to its potential.

Technoman

Reaction score
I have never recorded a video on my OG Droid or the Droid X that fails to play on the phone or the computer without adding anything.

If you are rooted, then you probably need to blame the ROM you are running. If not, possibly it is a rouge APP that is causing the problem.

I would suggest a factory reset, and then test the camcorder. If it works, you can't blame the phone or Android OS. The problem is an APP that you had installed.

rocketpod23

Reaction score
#6 has it. Same thing happened to me when a buddy sent me a vid from his phone. I couldn't view it on my PC. All you have to do is google (of course) 3gp media players, and download for free. Takes about 2 minutes, and ur set.

Last edited: