3G?

mboswell

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
my note 3 has been showing 3G this afternoon. Has anybody else had an issue with this or do you think it could be something with the towers in my area or something? Now I only noticed it today maybe I'm just jumping the gun.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Have you tried the old trick of putting your device into airplane mode, then turning airplane mode back off??

I'd perhaps try that.. If that doesn't work.. Go into settings, , look for your mobile networks settings.. Make sure it's not somehow only set to CDMA, if hats an option on the note 3..if it's set to lte/CDMA I'd consider calling customer service, report a possible outage?

Have you removed your Sim card lately?? Could've damaged it if so..

Hope this helps..

OP
mboswell

mboswell

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Have you tried the old trick of putting your device into airplane mode, then turning airplane mode back off??

I'd perhaps try that.. If that doesn't work.. Go into settings, , look for your mobile networks settings.. Make sure it's not somehow only set to CDMA, if hats an option on the note 3..if it's set to lte/CDMA I'd consider calling customer service, report a possible outage?

Have you removed your Sim card lately?? Could've damaged it if so..

Hope this helps..

I haven't removed my Sim card...I don't even know HOW to do that...HAHA! I'm not that advanced. The options in Mobile Networks are: Global, LTE/CDMA and GSM/UMTS. It is set to "LTE/CDMA". I have Verizon Wireless. I didn't notice it being in 3G yesterday....just today. I'll try Airplane Mode and see what happens...if it is on 3G tomorrow I'll call Verizon. Thank you for your help!

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
No problem.. I hope you get your issue resolved :)

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
I've actually had a similar problem lately. My phone will just suddenly switch to 3g for a few minutes then go back. Just attributed it to basic maintenance issues. I've been meaning to do a factory reset, haven't done one since I got the phone back in October, and I have and use a lot of apps. Let me know if this solved your problem...

OP
mboswell

mboswell

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
The Airplane Mode did not work. I've only had the phone for a little over two weeks. Everything else (knock on wood) is working fine, but the phone has been on constant 3G for two days now. Verizon on Twitter claims there are no 4G problems in my area. If my phone remains on 3G over the weekend, early next week I'll call Verizon and see if they can send any signals to my phone. If not, I might have to get a new SIM card. I'll tell you one thing...Verizon is not going to take my phone for "maintenance" or try to replace my phone with a refurb. I'll live with the 3G...I'm not trading in a new, very good phone for a used one.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I would go into your nearest Verizon and have them look it over... Get a new Sim card at least...

OP
mboswell

mboswell

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
I certainly hope a new SIM card will do it. I love this phone and really don't want it to be anything worse. Thank you all for your help