3G won't take over after Wifi

knw257

Reaction score
Hey all,

New to the forums, only been using the ROM for about 3 weeks. So far, it's a pretty big improvement over the stock D2 ROM, but I've run into a few little quirks. I'm hoping someone else has run into similar issues and can help me track them down/solve them.

First off, having some trouble with my 3G connection taking over after my Wifi is turned off/disconnected. It just won't come back up. I've tried disabling the data and re-enabling it, but the only thing I can get to fix it is doing a full reboot on the phone. It's rather annoying, and would like to know if there is an easier way to fix that, or a setting that I might be missing.

Also, my Wifi seems to shut off randomly. Not sure why it's happening, I've turned the wifi sleep to never, but I'll bring my phone out of standby and the icon isn't there at all. Not sure if there's something I'm missing there too, but at least that I can just turn on with the Motorola widget.

Anyway, any help you can provide would be appreciated. Thanks.

TreyNTX69

Reaction score
Wifi 3g

Interesting... I'm also having the same issue with wifi periodically shutting down on it's own (even though it is set to never sleep) and also failing to switch to 3g from wifi unless I reboot the phone... But I'm on the Droid X and fully stock gingerbread release. I hope you find the solution. Good luck.

OP
K

knw257

Reaction score
I had a similar problem on my D2, but I managed to solve that by setting the wifi sleep to "When screen turns off", rebooting the phone, then setting it back to the correct setting. Maybe that'll work for you too.