3G wont connect in 2.2 any fixes

egobuster1

Reaction score
ive ran both the leaked 2.2 and the skyraider 2.2 and both of them are having the same problem where if i ether turn the 3G connection off or enable wifi over top of it then when i turn wifi off or the 3G back on it wont turn on it just keeps saying turning on and nothing ever happens..
not sure what to do but its kind of annoying

OP
E

egobuster1

Reaction score
i thought i did it right..i was rooted at the time so i know i had to go through a million step to un root and my baseband version says 2.05.00.06.11
does anyone know if it will hurt anything to try and re apply the baseband again

OP
E

egobuster1

Reaction score
someone metioned setting the network settings to home only and it working so im testing it now

givmedew

Reaction score
actually i read somewhere that reapplying the baseband is very bad (brick bad) they may have been referring to doing it twice in a row immediately however either way may not want to try.

My next direct question is this did you do a *228 send opt 1? or *22899 send? It is highly recommended after doing a baseband upgrade. In fact the motorola droid forces you but for some reason the incredible doesn't.

Don't see why the home only option would work but who knows I don't see that helping. ...

You are usually in a home location anyways since verizon owns so much equipment. Either way I recommend you leave it on automatic. You are by my understanding loosing coverage by setting it to home only!

OP
E

egobuster1

Reaction score
ive done both the 228 opt 1 and 228 option 2 but have not tried the 22899 i will try that as i tried the home option and doesnt seem to work all the time ether

tweedies411

Reaction score
Did you wipe data and catch? I had this problem once because i forgot to wipe data/catch. Once i wiped i never sae the problem again.

OP
E

egobuster1

Reaction score
yeah cuz it did it on the leaked OTA which i wiped and then switched to skyraider 2.0 and wipe and still did it and now to the new skyraider where i also wiped and it still did it

ChefMan

Reaction score
This may help

So i have has a issue that seems to run along the same line as yours. I will be connected to WiFi and i will check some tweets and such, and everything works fine, then I lock my screen and put the phone away. Now when I leave the house I was at I pull my phone out at say Del Taco to look at some things and it says no connection and i have no 3G symbol but 3 bars. Some one can prob point out for me if turning off 3G while on WiFi is a new 2.2 feature or not. But after i manually turned off the WiFi on my phone it would then pop onto 3G and go about it's business as nothing was wrong. I don't know if this help this issue at all but that is what i have found out through some trial and error with my 3G/WiFi issues.

mrchambo

Reaction score
You may have to toggle Airplane Mode and see if that gets your 3G back. It has worked for me in the past.

JC

OP
E

egobuster1

Reaction score
well i think it jsut doesnt work with juice defender because when ever i used that program is when i had the problem but now that im not using it i havent had the problem

khukman

Reaction score
Had this happen to me too. XDA has instructions that have worked for many people, me included. I did the following:

1. Go back to S-ON
2. Install Stock RUU (lose root in the process)
3. Do a "SD & phone Storage" - Factory Data Reset -- this forces you to reprogram your phone when you come back up
4. Do a *228 option 1 phone-program
5. Problem should be fixed
6. Re-root with UnRevoked
7. Restore a nandroid backup
8. Enjoy

As with all things root, do a nandroid backup first and take your time to pay attention to details!

Regards,

Rob